- Report: #174248
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy
Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy342 Kings Highway Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.
Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy Dishonest and Shady Business Practies Brooklyn New York
1. They charged me an additional $120 dollars for shipping. (8% of total order) This charge was not stated when I asked what the total charges to my credit card would be.
2. They did not inform me of the additional price because of the rebate. This was an additional 100 dollars to the total I was quoted that would be charged to my credit card.
3. They sent the wrong lens. I had to go through a big ordeal to return this lens.
4. They practice bad advertising. The USA models are not priced on their website - and it is VERY deceptive! You are actually getting an international model. When I told them I wanted the USA model - they did not inform me of the additional charge (in my case it was 40% more than the international model).
In the end, I was extremely overcharged for the product I received. If I would have known about their shady practices, I would have been able to save money and shop elsewhere.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2006 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Camera-Owner-Ronnie-Shy/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/Royal-Camera-Owner-Ronnie-Shy-Dishonest-and-Shady-Business-Practies-Brooklyn-New-York-174248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.