Complaint Review: Royal Camera aka CCI Camera City

• Submitted: Mon, June 10, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, June 10, 2002

• Reported By:Johnston RI
Royal Camera aka CCI Camera City
342 Kings Highway / Internet Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Royal Camera aka CCI Camera City is a consumer rip-off fraud company that hires obnoxious personnel & engages in deceptive trade practices such as the bait & switch. Brooklyn, NY & Internet

I ordered a Nikon 885 camera from Royal camera. As I did not receive a confirmation email, I called them. A sales person talked me into buying filters, a memory card and a video battery. When I received the camera, I noted that the camera included a charger. I was charged $149 for the included accessory. The invoice did not detail the charges and the total was almost $100 higher that it should have been.

I called and spoke to Eric - what a jackass. I asked him to provide a detailed breakdown of the charges on the invoice. He indicated that the battery charger was part of a "kit". He then said that the extra $100 was for tax. When I told him I lived in TX and shouldn't be charged tax, he told me he had several other people on hold and that he'd call me back within 15 minutes. An hour later I called back and asked for him.

He answered the phone (I recognized his voice) and when I asked for Eric, he said that Eric wasn't around. I briefly explained the situation and told him I wanted a refund for the "tax" and the battery charger. He offered to refund me $40. I told him that I would either receive a full refund or I'd return the camera. After being on hold for almost an hous, I was transferred to Christine who gave me the same run around.

She offered to refund $80. She transferred me to her supervisor, a woman named Jack. She offered to refund $120 of the $250 overcharge. I told her I wanted a full refund of the overcharges. She told me to send the camera back. I indicated that I'd be disputing the charges and would be contacting the BBB.

SHe said I'd be responsible for the $79 shipping charges in addition to a 10% restocking fee (although their website indicates a 5% fee). Not only did they attempt to defraud me, their shipping charges are exorbitant, their customer service is non-existant, they pose behind another company name. I ordered the camera from royalcamera.com, but the invoice is from CCI Camera City.

I will never do business with this disreputable company again. They give internet businesses a bad name. Avoid them like the plague. They are simply frauds.

Mike
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2002 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Camera-aka-CCI-Camera-City/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/Royal-Camera-aka-CCI-Camera-City-is-a-consumer-rip-off-fraud-company-that-hires-obnoxious-22457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Camera aka CCI Camera City