Complaint Review: Royal Camera

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2005

• Reported By:centreville Virginia
Royal Camera
www.royalcamera.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Royal Camera RIPOFF misleading advertising bait and switch rude and harsh New York New York

Absolutely the worst on-line commerce I've ever conducted. I tried to purchase a Canon 20D camera body kit and the Canon EF 24-85mm lens. I ordered on-line and called their sales people to confirm order. I found out the camera body kit literally only comes with the body, not a thing more. When the body comes from the factory with what is required to make the body function - software, battery and charger, cables to connect, neck strap, and cover for the big hole with the absence of a lens. The salesman was extremely pushy trying to sell me these items and didn't like when I was not a consumer easily swayed, he became agitated and rude. He even tried to "upsell" me to a substantially lower quality lens - EF-S 24-55mm - for $279. I said no repeatedly to his unrelenting efforts.

Finally, I told the rude salesman to cancel my order, at which point he raised his voice in anger stating "why did I waste his time"! and the phone went dead. I'm sure he hung up on me. I then called their customer service and confirmed cancellation of the order.

My advice to all is never do business with this company! Prices too good to be true and salespeople without values.

Centreville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2005 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Camera/New-York-New-York/Royal-Camera-RIPOFF-misleading-advertising-bait-and-switch-rude-and-harsh-New-York-New-Yor-134142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Camera