Complaint Review: Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

• Updated: Thu, July 01, 2010

• Reported By: justiceforall — franklin Tennessee United States of America
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
Port Canaveral, Florida United States of America

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines told us wrong information, assault, obnoxious, rude, fraud, rip-off, took our money, but would not let us on our already paid for cruise Port Canaveral, Florida

*General Comment: Used to be a travel agent?

We bought 7 day cruise on the Freedom of the seas on Royal Caribbean, for our honeymoon.We had to pay that day.We live in Nashville, and for our wedding, nobody could come, it was so flooded, so I grabbed what they told us, my passport, and two forms of ID for my new husband, and just got out.We drove 13 hours to Port Canaveral,and arrived 3 hours ahead of time.They would not let us on the boat,as I brought my husband's hospital birth certificate,and they wanted the state certificate.They never specified,only it had to have a raised seal,and it did.I tried to explain we just escaped a flood,we have a birth cert. with a raised seal, which was what I could grab.She said get the clerk of the court to fax us it (on a Sunday),so we tried,but after trying for an hour,she told us that would not even be good enough.They kept $1,3000 of our money, did not care we just left a federal disaster area,spent almost every penny to buy this cruise.I was then assaulted by an employee,(Iweigh 77 lbs.)very petite, and the lady put both of her hands on my arms,and pushed me.They screamed at me,and had sheriff's tell us to leave.

Excuse me, I had a passport, and a valid ticket,not that I would go on my honeymoon without my new husband, but I had every right to get on that boat,and a 200lb. woman pushed me.They are disgusting,and a fraud.Their food is disgusting,Carnival is better.They do this all the time,just to get your $.We were just two people out of about 50 that did not get on,say we all paid even just $1,000 per couple.Royal Caribbean just made $50,000 for doing nothing.A year, they would make $53 million dollars per ship for lying to people,and denying them access to on the ship and keeping their money.Do not book RCCL or Celebrity.you may not get on,lose your money,and be disgusted.Carnival will bring you anything you want. Royal Caribbean's waiters won't bring you anything you ask for after you order, they rape you on the price of a simple beer,their waiters are rude,the rooms and beds are gross,they rape you into port things,that if u just get off the boat and book it yourself,is 1/2 price.Do not book or pay for a RCCL cruise,because they will tell you one thing, then not let you on.I used to be a travel agent,and would tell people Do NOT take a Royal Caribbean Cruise.They are sheisters and a bad value.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2010 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Lines/Port-Canaveral-Florida-/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Lines-told-us-wrong-information-assault-obnoxious-rude-fraud-605299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

#1 General Comment

Used to be a travel agent?

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

If you used to be a travel agent, you should know these regulations regarding birth certificates and passports are mandated by the federal government (CBP), not by the cruise line.  If you show up at the pier with the wrong documentation, the cruise line is prohibited by law from allowing you on board.  Had they allowed you on board, they would have faced stiff fines, and the whole cruise would have been held up while CBP officers searched for you and removed you themselves.  This is basic stuff and all travel agents should be aware of it.  Perhaps, that's why you are no longer one.

I'm not buying the assault claim.  When you kick and scream and have to be removed from the area by force, that is not assault.  That is law enforcement.

What I see here is you blaming everyone else for your poor planning and bad behavior, and crying flood victim does not buy you and credit here.  That has nothing to do with it.  If RCI was actually intentionally scamming people like this, how did the 3000 other people in the terminal manage to get on board?  This is your fault.