Complaint Review: Royal Caribbean Park West Gallery

• Reported By:Okemos Michigan
Royal Caribbean Park West Gallery
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, Florida United States of America

Royal Caribbean Park West Gallery ripoff dishonest misleading Miami Florida
Ripoff Report REVIEW: Park West receives a POSITIVE RATING from Ripoff Report -commitment to providing excellent customer service, pledges its commitment to 100% customer satisfaction - over 1 million satisfied clients - feel confident & secure when doing business with Park West Gallery

Hello everyone.

I posted a similar message about Park West...you may want to read that one first.

Briefly, I went on a RC cruise last week and purchased art onboard from a company called Park West. The auctioneer told us time and time again that one particular piece was worth $700 to $1000 on land. We purchased it for $270. I looked it up on the internet and found it actually sells for $285 on land...this is the ripoff.

I made an honest attempt to inform RC of the rat (Park West) that is on board all of their ships. You would think that they would want to know if one of the companies on board is ripping off their patrons, right? Wrong.

I called the RC customer service people and spoke with Debra and Sandy. Debra told me to call Park West. When I called Park West, the lady said she "...didn't understand why they would say that work is worth $700 to $1000" Basically, calling Park West is not going to get anything done. It's like telling a thief he/she is a thief. If you tell the police, now the thief should be scared.

Debra then informed me that I should call Starboard, which is the company that handles on board purchases. I spoke with 2 people from Starboard (Ruby and Cara) who told me that they don't handle the auctions and that I need to contact Onboard Media. I called OM, but there was no answer (surprise).

I then called RC again, and got a hold of Sandy. After explaining the whole story again, she said I should call Park West, which I already did. I was not allowed to file a complaint with RC via the phone, but can only do so via U.S. mail (kinda fishy, eh?). I'm sure they'll kindly take compliments, but not complaints. I was then put on hold for the ump-teenth time, and Sandy came back with a contact at Park West that I should call. *insert thief analogy here*

What this all tells me is that Park West Gallery is a ripoff, and Royal Caribbean doesn't care. After all, it's all about the money!

Peter l. Okemos, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2004 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Caribbean-Park-West-Gallery/Miami-Florida-33132/Royal-Caribbean-Park-West-Gallery-ripoff-dishonest-misleading-Miami-FloridaRipoff-Report-R-104290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Caribbean Park West Gallery