satisfaction

Complaint Review: Royal Caribbean - Royal Romance Wedding Dept.

• Submitted: Tue, September 08, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, September 08, 2009

• Reported By: Tiffany — Crystal Lake Illinois USA
Royal Caribbean - Royal Romance Wedding Dept.
www.royalcaribbean.com Internet United States of America

Royal Caribbean - Royal Romance Wedding Dept. Purchased a wedding package through Royal Caribbean and never got reimbursed for items/services we never received. Internet

I was married this year on 06/25/09 aboard Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas.  My husband and I purchased a shore-side wedding package with several upgrades.  On the day of the wedding, it was lightly raining outside.  We would have happily gotten married in the rain, but our wedding coordinator told us that conditions were unsafe and we had to get married aboard the ship.  Due to this we didn't not receive the following items at the wedding-

1) Chairs Setup/Takedown w/ tax $134.38 Chairs

2) Shore side location for 45 guests w/ tax $1209.38

3) Island Archway w/ tax $1128.75

4) 15 Passenger Van for 50 guests w/ tax $1558.75

Sidenote: Hair Up Style for Mother of Bride w/ tax $69.88 was prepaid, but charged my Mother anyway.

This totals up to $4101.14 we have not been reimbursed for!!!  I have sent Royal Romance several emails.  They acknowledged my complaint and told me to wait 4-6 weeks as tickets are addressed in the order received.  (Which means they must have alot of complaints!!)  It has now been 8 weeks and no one has given me an update as to the status of my ticket.  My emails have been clear and curtious.

Anyone getting married through Royal Romance is taking a gamble with their money.  We brought in a lot of money for them (50 wedding guests aboard the cruise!!) and they cannot reimburse a small portion of that back to us.  You are better off taking your business elsewhere, or through a company that allows you to purchase wedding package insurance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Caribbean-Royal-Romance-Wedding-Dept/internet/Royal-Caribbean-Royal-Romance-Wedding-Dept-Purchased-a-wedding-package-through-Royal-C-491822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Caribbean - Royal Romance Wedding Dept.