Complaint Review: Royal Caribbean

• Updated: Tue, May 01, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Royal Caribbean
Nationwide U.S.A.

Royal Caribbean cruise ships a total rip off

We went on Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas, which sailed on 4/23/00. Our problem with Royal Caribbean came after our cruise was over. My husband ordered a Voyager of the Seas video from one of the shops on board. We never received this video.

He has contacted Royal Caribbean five times, starting with his first call in September 2000. They claimed they mailed the check to the travel agency we used. The travel agency said they never received the check. The check should have been mailed to my husband or credited to our credit card since we charged the video.

I do not believe there ever was a check. Their customer service staff is terrible. We have yet to see a refund or the video. Every customer service representative tells him a different story when he calls. He has also had to wait for 30 minutes to an hour to even speak to a representative. I called the customer service line as well. I had to wait for over and hour to speak to someone. They had no record in their system of my husband's previous calls. This was three months ago (January 2001) and we still have not heard anything from them even though they told my husband and me that they would call us back.

I would not recommend buying anything expensive from the shops on board. They claim that they guarantee items purchased from Royal Caribbean sponsored stores but if you have a problem with an item you will probably run into the same brick wall we did.

We have never been so disgusted with a company. I thought they wanted repeat business. Obviously they do not if they are willing to lose our business over a $40 videotape.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Caribbean/nationwide/Royal-Caribbean-cruise-ships-a-total-rip-off-5059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Caribbean