Complaint Review: Royal Dream Vacation Club

• Updated: Thu, January 09, 2014

• Reported By: The Carpenters — Rochester Pennsylvania
Royal Dream Vacation Club
Nassau , Select State/Province Bahamas

Royal Dream Vacation Club Legionaires Desease contracted on first trip to Cancun Mexico Bahamas

Purchased a 5 year vacation club while vacationing in Nassau Bahamas for $2500.00 in October 2010.  One week per year to any of about 7 locations throghout Mexico mostly.

On our First vacation in October 2011 to Park Royal Hotel in Cancun Mexico, My husband  contracted Legionairres Desease from what we suspect is the private Hot tub on the balcony of our Presidential Suite. We came to this conclusion because he was the only one who got into the hot tob with the jets running as I do not care for the jets of a hot tub.

My husband began feeling ill the day before our departure, but we felt it could wait until we returned home to the USA.

Upon our return to the USA, about 2 days after our return, I rushed him to our local hospital where he was eventually diagnosed with Legionairres Desease, put in isolation, and treated there for approximately 10 days. [continued below]....

..... Released with minimal heart damage and too ill to return to work was out of work for approx 8 weeks.  He was a UPS Driver who has never in almost 30 years worked less than a 10 hour work day.  He was released to work only an 8 hour day, UPS did not oblige.  after working only 3 weeks for UPS, My husband felt it necessary to retire at the age of 51, as he was unable to successfully work there any longer.

After his diagnosis, the CDC called me at the hospital to get all the travel information and filed a report. They advised me that they had contacted the Hotel and Airlines.  They were able to obtain information on the Airlines stating there were no other reports of passengers coming down with this illness and advised me that it must have come from the Hotel.  I got tested and I was negative. We suspect he got it from the Hot Tub on the balcony of our Presidential Suite, as he is the only one who got in it with the jets on.

I attempted to contact the vacation club to report my husbands illness and see if there were any other reports of this illness from that hotel.  No one could help me... I asked to speak to a supervisor..they said there wasn't one and that i was to email my concerns and gave me the email address.... I emailed them more than 8 times over the last 2 + years...I am still waiting for a reply.  I have called numerous times over the last 2 + years trying to report it and to speak to someone... I am still waiting for a return phone call.

Because of my husbands illness, he refuses to go back to Mexico and is very fearful of leaving the country again.  He agreed to try the Aruba Villas in our club membership.. I tried to call this morning to make a reservation...It is impossible to get any assistancfe there.

My club is paid in full and cannot use it...

Big Rip Off...Dangerous!!

Truly,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Dream-Vacation-Club/Nassau-Select-StateProvince/Royal-Dream-Vacation-Club-Legionaires-Desease-contracted-on-first-trip-to-Cancun-Mexico-Ba-1113901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Dream Vacation Club