Complaint Review: Royal Holiday Aka Travel Experience

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By:New York New York
Royal Holiday Aka Travel Experience
PMB. #281 5727 NW 7th St. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Royal Holiday Aka Travel Experience Royal Holiday sales representatives lies about their timeshare Cancun, Mexico Cancun

*Consumer Comment: Royal Holiday Scam

*Consumer Comment: Royal Holiday Timeshare Complaints

*Consumer Comment: Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: Royal Holiday issue resolved

These are the lies that Royal Holiday told my wife and I:

We were told that the Rent Sure program did not cost any money and we could easily transfer the points to pay for our annual maintenance fees. When we actually tried to do it, we were directed to a website that required us to pay more money. Why are we paying more money when Royal Holiday claimed that they will pay for the points?

We were also told that points can be saved from year to year. However, after receiving the operating rules months after we purchased our membership, we discovered that this is not true.

We were told that we can easily cancel our membership if we are not happy for the first year even though the contract said otherwise. The salesperson told us not to worry about the contract and said they would happily resell our membership because they will make an additional commission. However, since we have been having difficulty booking any kind of vacation, we requested a refund but Royal Holiday now denies it. We have also discovered it is illegal for them to issue a contract without allowing a 5 day "cooling off" period.

Also, we were issued a $2,000 certificate to pay for our plane tickets but Royal Holiday never sent the money to us even though we provided all the information they needed. We couldn't even use the additional points that were given to us when we purchased our membership.

Any legitimate company would have cancelled our contract and refunded our money when they heard our complaint. We were sold the membership based on lies. This company has to be exposed.

Here are two websites that will help anyone else that have been scammed by Royal Holiday.

New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Holiday-Aka-Travel-Experience/Miami-Florida-33126/Royal-Holiday-Aka-Travel-Experience-Royal-Holiday-sales-representatives-lies-about-their-t-306398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Holiday Aka Travel Experience

Royal Holiday Scam

AUTHOR: DebyCole - (USA)

I bought a timeshare with Royal Holiday and they lied to me at everything, every time I check for travel dates are not available and it's cheaper to booked flight
and hotel with Expedia. The service is really bad, I asked to speak to the manager and was told that I cannot talk to her and that I cannot cancel my membership.
I't´s been a nightmare for me!!! I was doing a research on internet about this fraudulent resort and how to get out of this fraud, i found this information
and i want to share it with you, i hope it helps someone:

Royal Holiday Timeshare Complaints

AUTHOR: janehill - ()

Royal Holiday's problem is that marketers are trained to sell you a holiday program with incredible mega sales techniques full of important omissions

Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: VickyF - ()

My husband & I bought into a Royal Holiday timeshare in Playa del Carmen. We've found out in the last few months that availiablity of resorts that we require are very limited (sales person shown us extensive range of hotels). flight deals are no better than booking myself. I feel that this is going to be costly in the long run, not the ideal deal that was sold to us

Royal Holiday issue resolved

AUTHOR: Charles hwang - (U.S.A.)

This issue has been resolved with the company.