Complaint Review: Royal Holiday Travel

• Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:post falls Idaho
Royal Holiday Travel
club.royal-holiday.com Cancun, Other Mexico

Royal Holiday Travel Complete disregard to customers, cheating, lying, anything to make money with no way out Cancun Other

My report involves being scammed into signing a contract for travel by lying to us about everything. My husband and I went for our anniversary to Cancun Mexico expecting a relaxing vacation. Right away we were pressured by the sales people into attending a breakfast with free giveaways.

We resisted for days and finally consented because of one particular salesman. He was an american who moved to Mexico and was working for the hotel. He promised alot to us and said to just check it out. After sitting through a long sales pitch, we asked specific questions like whether we could cancel anytime, how we could use it, what the points meant and was told by the sales man every single lie available. He basically didnt even let us read the contract before pressuring us into signing it. We have never had experience with anything like this from another country it was our first time out of the US.

In trying to book vacations it was impossible to do so because everything was unavailable, we tried within the first month to cancel and was told it was impossible. I have contacted the company several times and received no help only run around. We were told our maintenance fees would never go up and they have. We were told the company would take the contract back if we wanted to cancel. We were shown the suites we would be able to book and now I find out they are not the same. We were told our points would take care of everything including the inclusive hotels, they do not.

The worse part of it all is the fact that our 2 children are shown as "beneficiaries" of the contract if something happens to us and they will be saddled with the maintenance fees for 30 years. A contract for 30 years, its outrageous! Maintenance fees alone will cost more than the contract itself at the end of that time. I have paid for 2 years and I just want out of the contract even if that means getting no money back. I dont care, which is how bad this has gone. Warning others is all I can do now it seems, but unless there are signs posted at hotels or you check it out before you go there is nothing to help other consumers while on vacation.

Spring
post falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Holiday-Travel/Cancun-Other/Royal-Holiday-Travel-Complete-disregard-to-customers-cheating-lying-anything-to-make-mo-457741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Holiday Travel