Complaint Review: Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: Jason — Royal Oak Michigan USA
Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital
5000 Webster Royal Oak, Michigan United States of America

Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital billed my uncle to tens of thousands of dollars for unncessary medical expenses. Royal Oak Michigan

*Consumer Comment: The plan is for them to cut our benefits

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Beaumont Employee

I would rather stick to what I read in the original report here.  My uncle had to have a very simple medical procedure done at Royal Oak Beaumont.  Now, he has been notified by his insurance company that the procedure should have been outpatient and should have cost a fraction of the cost.

Now the insurance company is not blaming my uncle(kind 0f) and they are not saying that they are not going to pay but they are requesting a thorough investigation into Royal Oak Beaumont.  Apparently, Beaumont has been invesigated numerous times in recent years for these type of situations.  And, with my uncle, it wasn't just keeping him a day or two.  They kept him 10 days just so that they could milk the insurance company.  So needless to say, I am very interested in all of this about patient confidentiality. And then to have all of THIS drama sure as heck doesn't make me want to go there. As for the rest, it sounds like some bitter divorcee that can't handle the fact that her husband is remarried.  Clearly, all of the rebuttals are the same person or at least close friends of the same person.  This guy has had these postings on this site for some time so I find it hard to believe that he just posted a bunch of lies.  Plus, who would waste that much time typing all of that text?----Has to be the same person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Oak-Beaumont-Hospital/Royal-Oak-Michigan-48067/Royal-Oak-Beaumont-Hospital-billed-my-uncle-to-tens-of-thousands-of-dollars-for-unncessary-481664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital

The plan is for them to cut our benefits

AUTHOR: Andrea - (USA)

The only reason I work for a hole like Beaumont is for the benefits.  Now I hear they are trying something like taking away our hours so that they don't have to pay us benefits.  With Beaumont being as big as they are, they could set new standards for healthcare.  They could show that people come first.  But instead, they 'cut' our benefits, provide less hospital staff per patient while increasing their costs to patients.  This recession hasn't hurt Beaumont in the least.  I can honestly say, people have DIED because they couldn't pay a Royal Oak Beaumont bill.  That's just wrong.

As far as the other report on here about Beaumont, they've cut back on security as well.  So it all makes sense.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Beaumont Employee

AUTHOR: Andrea - (USA)

I heard about Royal Oak Beaumont being on this website and wanted to find out what all the buzz was about.  I am an employee of Beaumont and the only reaon I'm still there is because jobs are just too hard to come by.

Currently, they are treating their employees like crap and the kiddie-style non-sense that goes on there is just plain unreal.  I don't have a hard time believing ANYTHING I see when it comes to Beaumont, especially Royal Oak.