• Report: #201457

• Submitted: Mon, July 17, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Royal Oaks Financial - ROF Group
1441 East Maple Rd Ste 103 Troy, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-635-2264
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Royal Oaks Financial - ROF Group ripoff Troy Michigan

*Consumer Comment: You're Lucky

I filled out a form on line for a personal loan. I was notified by Royal Oaks Financial a Lady by the name of Beth Funnel at ext 83 I was also in contact with a Vonica underwood at v.underwood@rofgroup.com.

Well I got a call stating my credit rating was not good enough to ge a loan on my own I would need a co signer our would have to pay an insurance premium fee of 1050.00. I told them I did not have that. Ms. Funnel said no problem they would send me a check for the amount of my loan plus that fee. And all I needed to do was send the fee back.

I agreed so they sent me loan documents and all. I explained to her that I would need my uncle who is an attorney to look them over. He had many questions, I notified Ms. Funnel with his concerns she put me though to Veronica Underwood that assured me everything was legal. I waited on the check. After 10 days I notified them that I had not recieved it. They told me they would reissue another. That day I got a check but it was from a totally different Company in CA. But the check was mailed from Allenbury Insurance in Toronto. Being the questioning person I am I called the issuing bank in CA. They told me who the account was issued to I called that Company and spoke with the financial director only to be told that they did not issue my check and had several others written on their account. I notified the Oakland Police and was given an open case number then I notified the Troy MI police.

Needless to say I never did recieve that other check, and when I called I only got voice mail. Which noone ever returned my call.

Suzanne
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2006 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Oaks-Financial-ROF-Group/Troy-Michigan-48083/Royal-Oaks-Financial-ROF-Group-ripoff-Troy-Michigan-201457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Oaks Financial - ROF Group

You're Lucky

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You're lucky you didn't send them any money. Read all the reports about these thieves.

I cannot believe they are still in business. Now you're saying they write checks on other people's accounts. I'm surprised they are still getting away with this.