Complaint Review: Royal Prestige, A Hycite Company, Representative Nick Iacono-spoke With A Gene Confredo

• Submitted: Tue, December 28, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 28, 2004

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
320 Holtzman Rd. Madison, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Royal Prestige, A Hycite Company Representative Nick Iacono spoke With A Gene Confredo ripoff false claims Pots can not fry with out oil & give off Toxic Fumes in Oven Madison Wisconsin
Rip-off Report Investigation: shows that Hy Cite / Royal Prestige is fulfilling its commitment to provide excellent customer service. Rip-off Report gives Hy Cite / Royal Prestige a POSITIVE rating in customer support & quality assurance. They pledge to resolve complaints & address any issues - committed to 100% satisfaction - consumers to feel safe & secure.

My friend was approached in a card store by a Mr.Nick Iacono. Somehow he charmed her into checking out Royal Prestige & giving a few names of friends that may be interested. Oh & of course the famous you'll get a free trip was also mentioned.

Next thing I know Mr. Iacono & assosiate are sitting in my parents dining room & braging about Royal Prestige for 4 hours!

I was just about to turn 22 & my mom & I thought these magic pots would be of good use for my future!

We buy the pots! Unfortunately I put them away for a few years & do not take them out till after I am married! Surprise, suprise, they do not live up to their claims! I was so excited about being able to make frech fries w/out oil, as I was told you can do. I was also told you could fry chicken w/out oil! Well none of this is true! The term "fry" is absolutely misrepresented!!!!!

Furthermore...I was told the pots & lids can go into the oven at up to 450 degrees. This was my 2nd reason for buying them. After using one of these pots in my oven at 450 degrees, my whole house filled w/toxic smelling fumes!!!! I am into health & know how terrible it can be to inhale such things! I called the company & spoke with another representative who said 350 degrees was the limit!

Well, no dice again! My pots & lids continue to emit what I believe are very noxious fumes even when used at 325 or 350 degrees in my oven! I have not yet agin tryed to contact them on my own as it seem they will not do anything! The last person I spoke w/ was a Gene Confredo who claims the pots are fine!

I bought these pots on 3/5/1994. Like I said I did not open them up & use them for more than a few years & had no fair chance to get my money back! I spent $1505.63 on items that do not do what they said they do!!!

PS-The handles loose very easily too!

I hope this helps all of us who were mislead by Royal Prestige!
THANKS!!!

Helene
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2004 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Prestige-A-Hycite-Company-Representative-Nick-Iacono-spoke-With-A-Gene-Confredo/Madison-Wisconsin-53713/Royal-Prestige-A-Hycite-Company-Representative-Nick-Iacono-spoke-With-A-Gene-Confredo-rip-124764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Prestige, A Hycite Company, Representative Nick Iacono-spoke With A Gene Confredo