sake

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 29, 2012

• Reported By:Gulfport Florida
Royal Rug & Tile
11425 66th Street North Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Royal Rug & Tile ripoff Largo Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Moisture

I paid this company almost $10,000 to put laminate floors throughout my whole house. I chose this company because they have been in business over 50 years and they told me their work is guaranteed for life.

Within 3 months my floors started coming up, peaking and bubbling. They refuse to fix it or replace it with tile. They claim it is moisture underneath and "very unusual" but will not fix it. They never even checked the moisture level of the floor before laying the laminate, which I'm told is standard procedure. There has never been any water in my house. Both my young daughter and myself have been hurt tripping over the floor which sticks up 12" in the air in places.

Apparently the company is now run by the young son who gets extreme pleasure from ripping people off. The lawyers tell me it is no use to sue because they are known for stalling and it will cost me more in retainer fees than the floor is worth. He has slandered me and hung up on me numerous times.

I have tried every venue imaginable in the last 2 years to get this fixed with no success. His own employees want to help but aren't allowed. It has been a nightmare.

Donna
Saint Petersburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2005 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Rug-Tile/Largo-Florida-33773/Royal-Rug-Tile-ripoff-Largo-Florida-169519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Rug & Tile

Moisture

AUTHOR: manager - (United States of America)

This particular job has terrazo floors, which can exhibit moisture even after a moisture test is performed, ( which there was ) it's referred to as hydrastatic pressure. The floors were buckling becuase of this effect.

Our agreements have specific language addressing moisture related claims. Quote: We are not responsible for any moisture related claims.

After 3 different visits to the consumers home, we found it impossible to have a conversation with the consumer. As on all three occasions there appeared to be sluring in the speech.

Even though our contract has specific language pertaining to this exact problem.

I gave the consumer ceramic tile for the entire job, for FREE.

Just as customer accomadation, which she makes no mention of !