Complaint Review: Royal Sunset VIP

• Category: Resorts

Royal Sunset VIP royal sunset VIP complete fraud cancun, Quintana Roo

*Consumer Comment: Serious?

*UPDATE Employee: Response from VIP Travel Club

*Author of original report: royal sunset/ vip travel

*Author of original report: Update 6/16/2008

We visited Royal Sunset VIP in Cancun on May 18,2008. On May 19,We attended a high pressure sales presentation and finally gave in after 3 hours,signing a $ 4,000 vacation club membership (contract #28 9-4956). After two days, we realized that this was not a good deal and delivered a cancellation letter to their office as our contract stated that we had 5 days to cancel. they took our letter, but said we signed a waiver of the recission period and they would not refund our money. They did say that they would allow us to downgrade our club plan and would refund $1150 back to our charge card. We agreed, figuring some money was better than nothing,and signed a new contract.

Well, that was May 21, and they still have not refunded any of our money. After getting home, I discovered that the waiver that we signed was illegal under Mexican law and considered fraud. I sent the company an email and a fax, but still have not received any of our money back. It is obvious they never had any intention of refunding any money, or obeying mexican law

I have contacted our credit card company claiming the entire transaction was fraudlent. I am also filing complaints with "Profeco", and all the Mexican govt. tourism depts. .

We also plan to contact all the licensed travel agents in our state and warn them about the Sunset Group business policies.

I

Jim
nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2008 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Sunset-VIP/CancunQuintana-Roo-cp77509/Royal-Sunset-VIP-royal-sunset-VIP-complete-fraud-cancun-Quintana-Roo-339171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Sunset VIP

Serious?

AUTHOR: P997 - (United States of America)

The complaint was filed in June and Sunset responded 9 months (!!) later that the matter has been resolved - something that should have taken less than 2 weeks -

Response from VIP Travel Club

AUTHOR: Vip Travel Club - (Mexico)

VIP Travel Club apologizes that this consumer was not happy with their purchase of the travel club program. We do our best to work with all of our customers to make their experience with us enjoyable. The consumer has received a refund of his monies paid and the membership has been cancelled.

royal sunset/ vip travel

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I decided to file a claim with my credit card company claiming total fraud on this matter as company only offered to downgrad contract rather than refund entire amount after being given notice to cancel contract. Visa reversed the charges, but then vip tried to file a claim for monthly charges....Funny, as my contract had no monthly charges at all..

Update 6/16/2008

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Well, I received an email stating that they had deposited $1150 back into my credit card account...I have verified this thru my Visa.