Complaint Review: Royal Vacations

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By: DEK — Guelph Ontario Canada
Royal Vacations
somewhere USA corporate office can't locate Punta Cana, Select State/Province United States of America

Royal Vacations RCI I had to use their airline, pay a transportation fee, and some other fees, and their trip in turn was more expensive than a package deal we purchased through a travel agent. High pressure sale. Hounde Punta Cana, Other

this is a long story. First of all they high pressured and harassed me for 3 days during a 7 day vacation to the Dominican Republic at the Bavaro Paradise resort in Punta Cana. Secondly they used unscrupulous tactics by way of using good looking women to entice me, a bachelor. they continued to upgrade the things they offered me hand written on the contracts and these mysteriously disappeared. I had been told I could cancel at any time, a big fat lie. My mistake not thinking a contract is a contract. Ok now they constantly hound me for payments, I have told them to keep the near $3000 of unused credit I have moving from one contract to another. I signed another to basically give me time to find about legal and reduce the monthly payments. They continue to hound me offer me solutions I sign new documents, but they never follow through on these by signing them and returning copies. So I tried to test out the contract by way of a trip there. Now it started right from the get go on the air reserving. Told they would give discount airfare and arrange everything...pure lie. Upon arrival the free airport transfers were non existent...had to pay out of pocket. Upon arriving given a roon that was far inferior to what I was shown and told was what they would house me in. I tried to chase down the ones that told me these lies but told they didn't work for Royal anymore, they were on their days off, and one hundred other excuses. Instead they tried to cheat me further when they found out it was a trip to meet my fiancee a Dominican girl. I can say not less than 6 people were involved in the pressure sale this time. They told me there would be no trouble for my fiancee joining me at the resort another pure lie. I had to pay another $90 dollars USD to spend 1 night at another resort, remembering I was already payed up for the Bavaro resort. Note be wary of a certain(unnamed) airlines cheap trips, they go to these places where you are constantly attacked and hounded by sales pitches. the return transfer to airport I had to pay for once again. Now I have tried to reason that they stole all my meager savings and I cannot afford the payments so would they release my contract and keep all they have now. They still hound me to this moment. They are crooks and they operate in Mexico, the USA, Dominican and world wide. It's more timeshare than vacation club. there's more......if interested and many more people they have defrauded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Royal-Vacations/Punta-Cana-Select-StateProvince-/Royal-Vacations-RCI-I-had-to-use-their-airline-pay-a-transportation-fee-and-some-other-f-980481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Royal Vacations