Complaint Review: Rubin and Rothman,

• Submitted: Sat, January 21, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, January 21, 2006

• Reported By:Clifton Park New York
Rubin and Rothman,
1787 Veterans Highway Islandia, New York U.S.A.

Rubin and Rothman ripoff Trying to Subpoena me from a family member on a car repo Letter sent without Judges signature. Islandia New York

Back in October 2005 my brother moved in with me> he does have a car repo. Well, this company Rubin & Rothman LLC of Islandia,NY sent him a subpoena to pay for the remaining balance of the car. Well for one thing there is NO Judges signature on it or any witness signatures or even the type of court. (small claims, family, etc..)

Now on Jan 17th 2006 I get a certified letter on this issue. It seems to me that they want ME to fill out a questionaire with my info and his personal info. Ex... would be name and address of employer, how much do you make , home address, social security number, D.O.B. bank account, and dirct deposit, or credit union if he belongs. THEY want me to give this information along with the idea for me to give the same information about me . I have nothing to do with this matter it should and will only pertain to the defendant (in this case my brother).

How can any law firm send out a subpoena to anyone without the concent of a Judges signature or stamp of approval with a company letter head on it.

Well I had this matter sent to my older brother who is a retired Policeman. He said this letter is bogus and tryng to scare people.

What I dont like is they are comming to me for this. Wont this sort of affect my credit report, cause my name is now in the mix here?

Well I will continue to refuse these letters and ignore them , they are bogus and down right wrong to do to another person.

How low can a law firm be. you have an issue Take it up with the source person.

Sal
Clifton Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2006 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rubin-and-Rothman/Islandia-New-York-11749/Rubin-and-Rothman-ripoff-Trying-to-Subpoena-me-from-a-family-member-on-a-car-repo-Letter-172672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rubin and Rothman,