Complaint Review: Rue Education

Rue Education
150 McMullen Booth Road South Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Rue Education den of thieves Clearwater, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Excelsior College does warn of "publishing" companies

Do not believe in this program.....definitely the biggest ripoff in existence. go through nursing school to become a LPN and there's always someone telling you to go back to school to make more money as a RN. if you have kids, this seems like a good idea.

RUE education contacted me after i graduated( that's right, they approached me) with the promise that I could get my RN in no time using their program. On the telephone they informed me that if I couldn't complete the program, the remaining funds would be returned.(lie # 1) They also stated they had a counselor that would contact me to help me through the program. Someone did call 1 time, but not to help, only to inform me that they were my counselor.(lie # 2) I received their first set of materials with the first bill and my first contract.( beware, beware. lie # 3.) three months later the course requirements changed and my contract would have to be updated to accommodate the new requirements. (more money, more time on the payment schedule.)

At six months, one of my children was having health problems which put us in a financial pinch. I informed them that with the time spent in hospital and challenge of trying to maintain full time job with taking care of kids would make it difficult to even focus on schooling. I told them that I would need to drop out. I said I would reapply after my son was better. (Here it comes) I was informed that I can't drop out of the program. Not only that, if I don't make payments, it will go to collections. ( By the way, RUE is not a school. they cannot guarantee anything. the money you pay is for study materials, not tuition) they claim that you have to enroll in excelsior college. I only hope excelsior college would publicly post a warning about RUE.

If nothing else, i want to warn any LPN that receives a letter from RUE education after becoming licensed, don't waste your money. I learned a expensive lesson that I wouldn't want any other nurse to have to learn. If you want to further your education, only deal with legitimate schools, not the illegitimate study programs designed to rip you off. due to the financial obligation to RUE, I have to put off schooling for at least another year....If it sounds too good to be true, read the fine print.

James lorain, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rue-Education/Clearwater-Florida-33759/Rue-Education-den-of-thieves-Clearwater-Florida-336679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rue Education

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Melody - (U.S.A.)

There are warnings on their website, as well as their study guides. I graduated last year with my ASN, and I am currently a BSN student. GOOD SCHOOL.

#2 Consumer Suggestion