Complaint Review: Rue Education

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By:newport news Virginia
Rue Education
www.rueed.com Clearwater, Florida United States of America

RUE EDUCATION Verified REVIEW: Rue Education committed to customer satisfaction. Rue Education always making changes to ensure client success, focusing on finding ways to help each client reach their educational goal as they balance work, family and other commitments. LPNs, LVNs, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, RNs in states across the country rave about Rue Education. Clearwater, Florida
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service Rue Education pledges to resolve issues so clients feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with Rue Education. Ripoff Report Verified

*Consumer Comment: Rue education

*Consumer Comment: Rue Education is a scam.

*General Comment: Feeling the Rue Blues too

Ripoff Report Verified REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Rue Education for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Rue Education clients can expect that the company will focus on each client individually and work with the client to overcome perceived obstacles that the client might have. Rue Education listens carefully to the concerns and suggestions of its clients. Rue views all client communications as opportunities to learn and grow as a company. It is through these communications that we are able to expand the services offered and the support for those services to meet the ever-changing needs of its clients.
.....gif" alt="Rue Education is Rip-off Report Verified" style="border: medium none;">
Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Kerri Swift and her staff during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Rue Education.

Rue Educations Executive Management Team has a strong focus on providing customers excellent product technology and providing the best academic support in the industry. They know that these are important factors to success, but they believe the difference between Rue Education and other companies is more fundamental. Rue Education was built on a strong principle, which is helping the nurse be successful - no matter what it takes! As long as we remain true to this principle and continue to build on it, we will continue to grow and remain the best among our competitors! stated JT Thatch, Chief Executive Officer.

Ripoff Report learned about the abundant Rue Education reviews in the form of recorded customer testimonials. These success stories can be heard from LPNs, LVNs, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists and RNs in states across the country. These healthcare professionals are currently working toward their Associates Degree in Nursing and many have already achieved their goal of becoming an RN. The following is an excerpt from just one of the testimonials, I graduated as an LPN, had children, and never had the opportunity to go to college. Rue gave me the opportunity to study from home. Rue is a good program. The great part is it can be for a mom if she has small children and cant get to college and its great for somebody my age. Rue can help a lot of people. Its surprising, at the age of 50, Ill be the first in my family to get a college degree. I take a lot of pride in that. stated Joanna Halun, LPN from Hinckley, Ohio.

Rue Educations Educational Consultant and Academic Advisor teams have expressed that they love working with healthcare professionals that are interested in advancing their career and becoming Registered Nurses. One employee said, Ive been working for Rue Education for over 10 years and I enjoy it because I help people change their lives, have more opportunities, and create a new future for their family.

Rue Education offers three different product lines to meet the varying learning styles of their clients. They state that they care about the students success and do dont send them educational materials and disappear. They are there with the customer every step of the way until they earn their degree. Furthermore, Rue Education states that they proudly provide an exceptional product that has proven effective. Not only do their clients earn their degree, they have had clients rank top of class with the college, which proves that if the client properly applies themselves and makes a good faith effort to learn, the product and support services are effective.

The companys target market consumers include LPNs, RTs and Paramedics who wish to transition and become RNs. A client can expect to receive personalized attention from the time they initially inquire about the program through graduation. An Educational Consultant works to get the client started on the program and the Academic Advisor begins guiding the client from the point of the first course and each step along the way, through the point of graduation.

Rue Education works with the State Boards of Nursing to obtain a list of LPNs, RTs, and Paramedics for their mailing campaigns. In addition, they utilize print and web advertising. Their most successful clients are referred to them via the companys Referral Program. Prospective clients call in and speak with an Educational Consultant, who explains all the details of the program and provides a personalized academic assessment. After determining which courses the client needs to graduate, they enter into an installment agreement with the client.

When a prospective client starts the work with Rue Education they sign a Retail Installment Contract for the total number of Learning Systems they need to independently study and pass standardized exams to earn an Associates of Science in Nursing Degree. In some cases, after-signing the contract, clients attempt to stop making their monthly payments claiming a variety of reasons including but not limited to a lack of time to dedicate to their studies, the realization that independent study is hard work, and more often or not, financial difficulty. Despite the variety of reasons, the clients signed a Retail Installment contract requiring monthly payments over the term of the contract. That being said, clients cannot choose to stop payments at any time. The client can put their studies on hold and resume whenever they are ready as their learning materials are there for them indefinitely.

The standard process the company uses for taking care of a complaint is to have an Academic Advisor work directly with the client to reach agreeable terms. They speak with the client via phone, email or mail correspondence. Their goal is to reach a conclusion that helps to promote client success and satisfaction. An example of a situation in which a client wasnt satisfied with the products received would be a client who elects the independent study method and does not progress. If the client is not successful with the independent study method, Rue Education does offer a more structured platform through tutor-led online courses. This provides the client with more specific timelines/deadlines, which keeps the client on track. In addition, the client has access to a subject matter expert, should they need additional assistance with content related topics.

Based on previous complaints received, the company has modified their sales process to fully explain how independent study works and the fact that it requires both time and effort on the clients part. They ensure that their contract is written in plain English making the terms and conditions explicitly clear to clients. The Academic Support team works with clients to structure a study plan inclusive of accomplishment and timeline goals. They have launched a new online product that is tutor-led and has a structured timeline as to keep the clients engaged and progressing.

Furthermore, the company has implemented a sophisticated telephone system that allows them to monitor/record all calls which allows for assurance that the sales process is forthright and the requirements of the client are accurately presented. They have added a proactive reach out to every new client in an effort to have the Academic Advisors set an academic plan from the onset of the relationship. The company has also added a financial services team whose goal is to work with clients to help get them back on track with their studies and can work through any financial concerns that a client may have.

Rue Education believes it is very important to us to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program so that they are able to resolve customer complaints and mitigate negative publicity. They constantly strive for 100% customer satisfaction. However, because each clients needs vary, they handle each circumstance individually and work with the client to overcome obstacles.

Rue Education takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as these: "Working at Rue Education is like being part of a family. Every employee in every department works hard every day to help make great nurses. I like knowing that we are helping the nurses make their goals and dreams come true. I enjoy working with everyone here in this close knit type environment. I like the family-like atmosphere, everyone (especially in management) is easily approachable. Its a good feeling to be appreciated and treated like a person. When you go home at the end of the day you are happy that youve actually helped improve peoples lives. Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Rue Educations past and current approach to business is focused on its total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

Rue Education recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether accurate or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. Using the feedback generated by Ripoff Reports Investigation, Rue Education has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution further enhancing its commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with top executive management and an on-site visit, Ripoff Report is convinced that Rue Education is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

Rue Education testimonials from satisfied students

=====================
NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
=====================

Rue Education scam Clearwater Florida

This program is not what they originally claimed at all! I enrolled and the tuition was $125.00 per month. Then you have to pay $60-240 for each exam you take (which they did tell me about in the beginning). However, they said everything else was included, which was not true! Everytime I turned around they sent me a letter requiring more and more money. They said you would receive your degree in the from Excelcior college, but then they said you had to enroll with Excelcior college separately! That was another $895.00 fee they expected me to come up with! After you finish taking all the courses through Rue, you still have to take many more through Excelcior college which was NOT included in the Rue contract! Then, they sent more letters saying more classes were required! The farther along you get, the more they add, none of which were included in the original contract! I later found out that you can attend Excelcior without Rue). Rue also said when I first signed up that they were offering scholarships for nurses, but I never received anything off my tuition. They do not offer financial aid assistance through government loans. I have two kids and it will be hard for me to attend regular classes and work full time as a nurse. This program proclaimed to be affordable and helpful to full-time working mothers. What a lie! I don't know anyone who can afford this! Now I have a $6400 bill from Rue Education which just went to collections. Rue does not care about helping LPN's become RN's and all they care about is money. Please beware of this company!

anonymous
newport news, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rue-Education/Clearwater-Florida/RUE-EDUCATION-Verified-REVIEW-Rue-Education-committed-to-customer-satisfaction-Rue-Educa-313511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rue Education

Rue education

AUTHOR: rita - (United States of America)

I had a positive experience with the RUE education program. At the beginning they answered all of my questions truthfully. They explained all of the costs in writing, those for the program and those with the excelsior program. They explained that they are a publishing company and what their role is. Their program packaged all of the materials I needed to sucessfully get through the excelsior program. When it came time to take my boards, they sent me four study guides. I don' think I would have succeeded without this program.

Rue Education is a scam.

AUTHOR: rowessbarr - (United States of America)

I have had my own difficulties with RUE eucuation.  I signed up with their program and a few days after signing up, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I immediately called the recruiter and told them I could not participate in the program and was told flat out that I still owed the $4500 for the entire tuition regardless if I went or not.  I told them I was a stage 3 cancer and would be undergoing surgery the next week followed by chemotherapy and radiation.  I didn't know when I could enter school and start the program.  She continued to tell me how sorry she was but that I signed a contract and that my payments would be due regardless of my situation or whether or not I went to school or not.  I never received any books, literature to enroll or help what so ever.  I did however receive nasty phone calls, nasty letters and its on my credit report that I own $4600 to them for an unpaid loan!  I never received ONE PENNY from this company.  I filed a report with the credit bureau a few weeks ago stating I didn't owe the money... and guess what!!! a received a letter from a collection agency yesterday stating that they had purchased my loan and intended to collect to the fullest extent of the law... And once again.. I have not received any books, any literature, any calls, or assistance from this company.. WHAT A SCAM and nothing but problems at a time I DO NOT NEED IT!  Stay away from this company...  They are not interested in your educational needs, only money.

#3 General Comment

Feeling the Rue Blues too

AUTHOR: MedicalProf - (Virgin Islands (US))

I know your feeling, Ex-Navy Corpsman/Respiratory Therapist wanting to get my RN. I know 3 other people that were scammed too. I have been dealing directly with Excelsior, It is a lot cheaper. I am down to my last 2 RN exams and will hopefully be completed this spring/summer.

My account went to collections too, monitor your credit report on a monthly basis and notice that each month they will report it as a new charge off repeatedly dropping your credit score. This is illegal and is called re-aging. Keep records because they may be violating the FCRA. I started a thread on FICO Forum. I would love to hear what the current status of your issues with them are, I collecting some more data before I seek help from a lawyer from Richmond.