Complaint Review: Rue Education

Rue Education
www.rueed.com Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Rue Education scam Clearwater Florida

*Consumer Comment: Rue education

*Consumer Comment: Rue Education is a scam.

*General Comment: Feeling the Rue Blues too

This program is not what they originally claimed at all! I enrolled and the tuition was $125.00 per month. Then you have to pay $60-240 for each exam you take (which they did tell me about in the beginning). However, they said everything else was included, which was not true! Everytime I turned around they sent me a letter requiring more and more money. They said you would receive your degree in the from Excelcior college, but then they said you had to enroll with Excelcior college separately! That was another $895.00 fee they expected me to come up with! After you finish taking all the courses through Rue, you still have to take many more through Excelcior college which was NOT included in the Rue contract! Then, they sent more letters saying more classes were required! The farther along you get, the more they add, none of which were included in the original contract! I later found out that you can attend Excelcior without Rue). Rue also said when I first signed up that they were offering scholarships for nurses, but I never received anything off my tuition. They do not offer financial aid assistance through government loans. I have two kids and it will be hard for me to attend regular classes and work full time as a nurse. This program proclaimed to be affordable and helpful to full-time working mothers. What a lie! I don't know anyone who can afford this! Now I have a $6400 bill from Rue Education which just went to collections. Rue does not care about helping LPN's become RN's and all they care about is money. Please beware of this company!

anonymous newport news, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 08:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rue-Education/Clearwater-Florida/Rue-Education-scam-Clearwater-Florida-313511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rue Education

Rue education

AUTHOR: rita - (United States of America)

I had a positive experience with the RUE education program. At the beginning they answered all of my questions truthfully. They explained all of the costs in writing, those for the program and those with the excelsior program. They explained that they are a publishing company and what their role is. Their program packaged all of the materials I needed to sucessfully get through the excelsior program. When it came time to take my boards, they sent me four study guides. I don' think I would have succeeded without this program.

Rue Education is a scam.

AUTHOR: rowessbarr - (United States of America)

I have had my own difficulties with RUE eucuation.  I signed up with their program and a few days after signing up, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I immediately called the recruiter and told them I could not participate in the program and was told flat out that I still owed the $4500 for the entire tuition regardless if I went or not.  I told them I was a stage 3 cancer and would be undergoing surgery the next week followed by chemotherapy and radiation.  I didn't know when I could enter school and start the program.  She continued to tell me how sorry she was but that I signed a contract and that my payments would be due regardless of my situation or whether or not I went to school or not.  I never received any books, literature to enroll or help what so ever.  I did however receive nasty phone calls, nasty letters and its on my credit report that I own $4600 to them for an unpaid loan!  I never received ONE PENNY from this company.  I filed a report with the credit bureau a few weeks ago stating I didn't owe the money... and guess what!!! a received a letter from a collection agency yesterday stating that they had purchased my loan and intended to collect to the fullest extent of the law... And once again.. I have not received any books, any literature, any calls, or assistance from this company.. WHAT A SCAM and nothing but problems at a time I DO NOT NEED IT!  Stay away from this company...  They are not interested in your educational needs, only money.

#3 General Comment

Feeling the Rue Blues too

AUTHOR: MedicalProf - (Virgin Islands (US))

I know your feeling, Ex-Navy Corpsman/Respiratory Therapist wanting to get my RN. I know 3 other people that were scammed too. I have been dealing directly with Excelsior, It is a lot cheaper. I am down to my last 2 RN exams and will hopefully be completed this spring/summer.

My account went to collections too, monitor your credit report on a monthly basis and notice that each month they will report it as a new charge off repeatedly dropping your credit score. This is illegal and is called re-aging. Keep records because they may be violating the FCRA. I started a thread on FICO Forum. I would love to hear what the current status of your issues with them are, I collecting some more data before I seek help from a lawyer from Richmond.