occasions

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: ContessaSF — San Francisco California United States of America
Run Local Garage Door

Run Local Garage Door False advertising, contracting without a license ,revoked! Internet

I contacted Run Local from an Internet ad when I was unable to get my automatic garage door to fully close (a cable had snapped off, and I fixed that but not well enough).

This is what the website advertises:
"All of our Tradesmen and Service Technicians are Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured."

I trusted that. The very shady person who showed up in a generic truck with no ID (no shirt, no truck ID with company name or license number) asked for a ridiculous amount of money for 15-20 min of work, but I agreed out of desperation and need to be somewhere.

After resetting the cables, the garage door still wouldn't close and was FURTHER broken. The alleged contractor insisted that I had broken the door but he didn't notice it until later. He still wanted money, even though he had not fixed the problem. Frankly, I don't know how he could say I damaged the door. It is unknown who damaged the door, but I suspect he did it when he forced it closed with his hands.

A ridiculous argument ensued, and he left with threats. I called the alleged supervisor to attempt to work something out and never heard back. Further, I checked the state contractor's license board, and sure enough, the advertised licensed contractor had his license revoked in 2009 and was illegally working at my house.

It doesn't get shadier than this. This company works in MANY states across the US. PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Run-Local-Garage-Door/internet/Run-Local-Garage-Door-False-advertising-contracting-without-a-license-revoked-Interne-1001367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Run Local Garage Door