Complaint Review: Run Local Locksmith

• Reported By: JRB — North Hollywood California United States of America
Run Local Locksmith
26636 Van Dyke Ave Centerline, Michigan United States of America

Run Local Locksmith Price Gouging Centerline , Michigan

I had locked the keys in my vehicle while working. I was told on the phone that I would be charged $15, plus a small fee to be determined by the smith on site. On arrival I was quoted a fee of $190.00. When I protested I was told the reason is that the vehicle is a truck with the engine running. I explained that the truck was a small Toyota with a
gross vehicle weight of 3,600 lbs, probably less than the car the smith was driving. Neither the fact that the vehicle lacked a back seat nor the fact the engine was running made unlocking the door any more difficult, or incurred any more expense or time to the smith. Further, there should be no reason this work should cost more than $40, as the job takes literally 45 seconds of work. Needless to say, I declined.

My co-worker and I were preparing to break one of the windows instead, when the smith offered to do it for $85. Still more money than the average heart surgeon makes, but I accepted.

This is an open and shut case of price gouging, preying on stranded motorists who have no alternative but to pay prices which are ridiculously exorbitant.

Company has an "F" rating with BBB, and has been the subject of several news consumer advocacy reports.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Run-Local-Locksmith/Centerline-Michigan-48015/Run-Local-Locksmith-Price-Gouging-Centerline-Michigan-945934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Run Local Locksmith