Complaint Review: Run Local Locksmith

• Reported By: Anonymous — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Run Local Locksmith

Run Local Locksmith Unethical Lock Crooks Las Vegas, Internet

Called their service at 6:56. Received call from "locksmith" at 7:16

My husband had already been working on getting the car open. This vehicle drives up, says good morning to us opens his trunk (never identifies himself as working for the company.) puts in his BP cuff and silver rod. Asks for one of our IDs. NEVER giving us pricing on how much this is going to cost us. Opens the car. Sits in his vehicle, writes out invoice. My husband had to ask him how much it was going to cost. He hands us the invoice and my husbands ID. NEVER looking and checking our registration in the vehicle against the ID.

I hand him my Visa card. He rolls his eyes and says OH A CREDIT CARD! I tell him that I was told all types of payments were accepted. He said Well, they are, but its going to take forever for them to call back with the authorization code and I dont have time for that, do you? Cant you go inside and get cash? I tell him that Im nowhere NEAR my bank and he points to the ATM inside of the Chevron. My husband gets the $80.00 cash and hands it to him. He does not write on the invoice PAID CASH, does not have us sign the waiver of damage disclaimer on the bottom, he does not do any of this. Now I have bank charges and ATM charges on top of the cost. The entire transaction took less than three minutes.

As we are leaving he says, hey guys, save my number. Next time call me and its $40 straight.

Very VERY unprofessional from minute one.  It was shady, not businesslike and it made me second guess who I was giving my money to. There is now a HUGE scrape on the inside of my car from his iron rod. Forutnate enough for me, he didn't have me sign the invoice or the waiver of damage liability.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Run-Local-Locksmith/internet/Run-Local-Locksmith-Unethical-Lock-Crooks-Las-Vegas-Internet-937047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Run Local Locksmith