Complaint Review: Run Local Locksmith

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: eugeneaug — Tallmadge Ohio United States of America
Run Local Locksmith

Run Local Locksmith www.runlocallocksmith.com Quoted a price then tripled it when arrived, promised 15 minute response, showed up in 90 minutes Internet

Locked keys in car while it was running.  Searched for a locksmith and found a company that advertised 15 minute response.  I called and they said it costs $15 for the appointment and $35 after that.
It took them 90 minutes to show up and then they said it would cost $15 for the appointment and $120 to get the keys out of the car.  I immediately told him what the guy on the phone said and told the technician I would not pay $135.  He called "Run Local Locksmith" and they wanted to talk to me.  They told me that they clearly told me it was $15 for the appointment and $35 and up.  I told them that it's a 5 minute job and I am NOT paying $135.  He said that I must pay the technician $15 and he will leave.  I told him that I will not even pay the $15, he said that I must.  I told him that I wont and he said he will call the police and they will fine me $50.
As soon as I hung up, the technician was very surprised that the company said that they were going to call the cop.  He said he would do it for $50 as I was told on the phone.  Obviously this guy is an independent contractor and I felt bad for him.  It literally took him 2 minutes to get the keys out.
DO NOT USE OR CALL "RUN LOCAL LOCKSMITH"!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Run-Local-Locksmith/internet/Run-Local-Locksmith-wwwrunlocallocksmithcom-Quoted-a-price-then-tripled-it-when-arrived-966147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Run Local Locksmith