Complaint Review: Running Board World

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: dale434 — Blair Nebraska United States of America
Running Board World
Internet, Florida United States of America

Running Board World Runningboardworld.com DANGER! SEND WRONG ITEMS! Internet, Florida

I ordered nerf bars from this company for my 2012 Dodge Ram pickup.  I was told the bars would ship within 2 days.  They did not ship until 4 days later and then took another 8 days to get to me.  I set them aside waiting for a time to get off work to put them on, not paying attention to the box.  The day came for me to put them on and when I opened the box I found out they were for a 2004-2007 Jeep Liberty.  Nothing even close to what I had ordered.  I would like to add that while placing my order, which I placed online, I was speaking with a company rep on the phone at the same time and he assured me I had ordered the correct nerf bars.

As it turned out I am now being penalized at the rate of a 25% restocking fee plus I have to pay to ship them back to the company. The story also includes the fact that I would recieve the return voucher within 48 hours of my claim cia email.  It has now been 72 hours and I still do not have that information from the company. I spoke with them through a company rep when I discovered they were the wrong ones, then and online chat rep, then a return specialist (Tiffany) who pulled up the telephone call I spoke of when ordering.  They continued to stick with their story of me ordering online and willnot stand behind their error of sending the wrong ones or even begin to work with me on the fees they charge.

I could have ordered he wrong ones although I fail to see how you can go from a dodge Ram to a jeep cherokee and would have been completely satisfied even to have to pay the shipping of returning the nerf bars and the shipping of the correct ones to me.  A 25% restocking fee?  That is a $50 charge for one guy to take 5 minutes to slap them bak on a shelf...really?  This company is not willing to aim for any satisfaction but only wants your money.  If you do order from them I would strongly recommend having a rep do all the ordering and DO NOT order anything yourself online as they will not stand behind it at all.  Total rippoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 12:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Running-Board-World/Internet-Florida-/Running-Board-World-Runningboardworldcom-DANGER-SEND-WRONG-ITEMS-Internet-Florida-980027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Running Board World