Complaint Review: Rush Card Financial-Prepaid Card

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: RUSH CARD SCAMMERS — Indialantic Florida United States of America
Rush Card Financial-Prepaid Card
South Dakota South Dakota, Utah United States of America

Rush Card Financial-Prepaid Card Rush Card is a SCAM! they blocked my card over a month ago. No Refund ever sent. They never respond to emails, if they do they avoid your questions. If you call them they avoid your issues. DO NOT use South Dakota, Utah

*General Comment: FALSLY BLOCKED CARDS

*UPDATE Employee: Card Blocked

Rush Card Prepaid Card is 100% a SCAM. there multiple complaints on the internet and complaints filed with the Federal Trade Commission for blocking customer accounts when the customer loads funds onto there cards using Greendot money paks. My accounts was blocked within 48 hours of loading $500.00 using Greendot.

I contacted Rush Card which is a hassle to begin with. You have to call the fraud dept and leave a messesge and hope for a return phone. I was told the card was being blocked for making an ATM cash withdraw. I was told I would receive a refund. Its been 30 days and no REFUND. My online access was also blocked.

I contacted Rush Card today..the representative said the funds loaded were returned to moneygram which made no sense..it was Greendot, thats how much these stupid reps know they hire in a foriegn country.

My account balance by phone indicated a 0 balance, surprised I was able to get through to an operator using the account, because you have to enter the number before getting a rep on the line. I was told Rush Card does not allow 3rd party payments. I have 5 other prepaid cards and family and friends can wire funds into the account number issued with the card. Family also sends funds using moneygram and have had the cards more than two years!!! NEVER BLOCKED or CLOSED.

Prepaid cards is a really big SCAM with decline fees, telephone fees,. I DO NOT recommend that you use Rush Card if you plan on loading funds using Greendot its there excuse to block accounts.

If you want a an Excellent prepaid card visit (((competitor's name redacted))) they never block cards. Family and friends can send funds. ATM withdraws max $900 per day. Low monthly fees. Or try (((competitor's name redacted))), my card has never been blocked and there are no telephone fees to check your balance and I use the card account number to load funds through Alertpay, paypal, and Safefunds never a problem, the only thing is the only allow $200 max ATM withdraws.

FYI, I read over 26 complaints on I found on Google about Rush Card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rush-Card-Financial-Prepaid-Card/South-Dakota-Utah-84011/Rush-Card-Financial-Prepaid-Card-Rush-Card-is-a-SCAM-they-blocked-my-card-over-a-month-a-690398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rush Card Financial-Prepaid Card

#1 General Comment

FALSLY BLOCKED CARDS

AUTHOR: fatcatgrmc - (United States of America)

MY SISTERS CARD WAS BLOCKED 2 MONTHS AGO AND THEY ARE GIVING HER THE RUN AROUND!  THEY ASKED FOR ALL KINDS OF CRAZY DOCUMENTS AND SHE SENT THE DOCUMENTS TO THEM, BUT HER CARD IS STILL BLOCKED!  IF SOMEONE KNOW OF A LAWYER HANDLING ANY RUSH CARD LAWSUITS PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Card Blocked

AUTHOR: RushCard - (United States of America)

RushCard does not allow third party loads, the card is to be used by the account holder only. In these cases the card is blocked to protect our customers, not harm them. I apologize for the frustration, please email me at our corporate office (suggestions@rushcard.com) if you have further questions. I work closely with our Fraud Dept and we would be happy to work together to take another look into your account.