Complaint Review: Rush Fitness Center

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Michael Derchak — Fairview North Carolina United States of America
Rush Fitness Center
Hendersonville Road, ASHEVILLE, nc Internet United States of America

Rush Fitness Center BAIT AND SWITCH TACTICS AT RUSH Internet

The Assistant Sales Manager at the Rush Fitness Complex on Hendersonville Road, Asheville used Bait and Switch tactics on my wife and I today.

In trying to get my wife to join Rush Gym, their Assistant Sales Manager offered a free time period during which my wife could see if she liked working out. The proffered verbal contract was until the end of February (she could visit free) and the offer was $10 per month, no contract, both Rush facilities available for use.  I am a member for one year at $29.99 per month.

on February 26th, I tried to contact James Morlock, but he was not available.  Since we were at the gym, I went to the front desk, had him paged to no avail, so I requested a form, from their desk person, and I left him a message.

The message read:  "Jim we have a deal.  Cindy wants to join"  Call me; we are ready to sign up"

He called back later that evening and said "Great, stop in, and we will write it up".

Subsequently, I tried twice to reach him but could not.  Today (March 4th), we went in to see him and he was there.  His demeanor was diffident.  The first thing he asked was if my wife worked.  of course she doesn't because we are both retired.  He knows this from previous discussions.  When my wife said no, he said he couldn't give her the previous deal because he thought she worked.

I then accused him of BAITING and SWITCHING, and he started to talk company policy changing as of 1 Mar 2013.

The conversation ended in a shouting match.

If you can possibly go somewhere else, please do so.  These people are cretins.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rush-Fitness-Center/internet/Rush-Fitness-Center-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-TACTICS-AT-RUSH-Internet-1023371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rush Fitness Center