Complaint Review: Rust Consulting

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Angel — pensacola Florida
Rust Consulting
P.O. Box 8054 Faifbault, Minnesota United States of America

Rust Consulting after sending letter stating would recieve 800$ min, received 600$ & in my dead mothers name! Faifbault, Minnesota

*General Comment: Different check?

After going through the horrible mortgage companies (yes companies) and losing my mother's house, I then went through the almost exact roller coaster trying to receive a small compensation for the 60+ thousand dollars lost, now I knew I would not receive it all, but in Nov 2012 I was sent a card stating a minimum of 840$ but probably more would be sent out, and of course I get home today and there is my 600.00$ check with this is final and cannot be appealed, okay fine, BUT, it is in my dead mother's name, and states all the named people must sign to be cashed or deposited.....ok..so how is that going to happen, I even sent in all the paperwork required stating that I inherited the property along with her death certificate, power of attorney etc...but of course, just like the mortgage companies, that was ignored as well! At least the foreclosure court got my name on the paperwork....(figures) so now I have to spend my morning probably getting nowhere with a customer service agent, so I'll probably end up with a un-cashable check. What a joke, 2+ years of endless paperwork for nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rust-Consulting/Faifbault-Minnesota-55021/Rust-Consulting-after-sending-letter-stating-would-recieve-800-min-received-600-in-m-1045724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rust Consulting

#1 General Comment

Different check?

AUTHOR: Dholcomb65 - ()

I also received a $300.00 check from Rust this week.  There was a number listed on it to call, but I didn't call that number.  I went back to the website for the original dispute that we had filed against BOA through this website:  http://www.nationalmortgagesettlement.com/.  I called the number listed there.  The recording stated that this $300.00 check had nothing to do with the $840.00 check that we had filed for, and that they could not answer questions regarding that $300.00 payout.  The $840.00 checks were not set up to be mailed for 4-6 more weeks.  Everything else that I have read about Rust seems to be on the up-and-up, I hope!!

As for your issue with the check being in your Mother's name, if you have power of attorney, can't you sign the check as her executor and deposit the check?  Or include it in her estate if it hasn't been settled yet?