Complaint Review: Ryan Deiss Let's Get Social

• Submitted: Sat, June 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, April 23, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — Orlando Florida U.S.A.
Ryan Deiss Let's Get Social

Ryan Deiss Let's Get Social Scam, Internet

*Consumer Comment: How Do You Know? Did You Actually Review The Product?

*UPDATE Employee: We stand by our course

*General Comment: Is your report based on experience, or conjecture?

Ryan Deiss of LetsGetSocial.com uses this ridiculous video and outlines "Kate" some girl with Pink hair and how she is a social media guru. How she is making 10k a month! Kate with pink hair a minute later in the video stays home with her family and kids. This guy Ryan Deiss should be a motivator speaker instead of trying to sell snakeoil online. Letsgetsocial.com gets close to giving attorney advice by allowing you to have contracts, etc. you can use, and also you can use their logo which they say is trademark pending. This company probably won't even be around for another year. They say it's a 7,000 value and because Kate wants to get you in the door it's only $97.

Training, contracts, templates, Q &A use of the logo and license for $97. So what pay $97 and then what? You just lost $97! I wouldn't fall victim to such scams. You will not be able to go out and get a job using these skills. [continued below]....
..... The information they have and "Kate" is going to give you will be useless. I would recommend running fast from Ryan Deiss and LetsGetSocial.com. Anything you have to spend $97 to buy is a scam people! If it was a money making opportunity they wouldn't sell it for $97 - they would give it away for free and/or find people to work for their company. The fact is no one is going to be able to go out and sell this, and no one needs it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2010 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryan-Deiss-Lets-Get-Social/internet/Ryan-Deiss-Lets-Get-Social-Scam-Internet-613419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryan Deiss Let's Get Social

How Do You Know? Did You Actually Review The Product?

AUTHOR: Spence - (United States of America)

What I am going to say is probably going to make anyone who thinks this course is a ripoff very angry, so I doubt ripoffreport is going to allow this to stand as a rebuttal. I have no affiliation with Let's Get Social other than having recently purchased this course. I have found them to be reputable and today was told I will be credited back a refund on the add-on that I informed themm I changed my mind on purchasing.

Based on reading this review I also ask what information it is based on; it really sounds like you reviewed the product simply by watching the promotional video. The comment is made: "The information they have and 'Kate' is going to give you will be useless." How do you know? What is your definition of useless?

Are you saying because social media management is not an established traditional profession that it useless to investigate and pursue? How to explain leading news reports and marketing experts all over the internet saying the social media manager is the most in-demand profession in the world? Are all of them full of hot air as well?

How do you explain a tidal wave of marketing experts and employers confirming the need for this job? And if it is not Kate Buck's course that is going to train those of interested where do you recommend going to "get it all for free"?

You don't talk about the product itself, just information from the promotional video. Maybe if you looked at the product you could explain the "uselessness" of HOURS of detailed training videos on everything from how to set up social media profiles to efficiently getting followers and clients for the novice, to specific and detailed instruction to setting up sophisticated website/blog html code and plug-ins?

I bought the course 3 weeks ago and still keep finding valuable information that not only helps the social media management goal but helpful general internet knowledge as well. I have found it to be a wealth of useful information that would probably have taken me months to learn if I had tried to figure it out for myself.

I am a veteran public school teacher with close to 20 years of professional teaching experience and have written my own curriculums for my subject. If I had a complaint about the presentation made in the promotion by Ryan Deiss, it would be that he UNDER promises what this course really contains, he does not explain how they actuallly OVER DELIVER on material and how JAM-PACKED the training materials are with hours of useful information and it actually takes longer than a few days to wrap your brain around this; the average person should plan on a few weeks, unless you are already a whiz at internet marketing and social media, in which case you probably wouldn't purchase this course anyway.

I will vouch for this program and that if there were such a class as "Social Media Management" taught in a high school or college, Kate Buck's low priced training package could effectively fill a curriculum for an entire year if you were to actually listen and investigate EVERYTHING she teaches in this program. Why wouldn't you want your kids to get their hands on a course like this so they can be successful entrepreneurs?

I have purchased other marketing courses before and found similar types of products do not give enough specific information to give the customer enough information to make it work, but this course is different; whether you are an experienced marketer or a complete newbie, you will get something from this course and this course will teach you far more than you pay for it if you want to learn how to use social media. I found it to be an outstanding bargain and would recommend it to anyone.

We stand by our course

AUTHOR: Victoria (Infomastery Customer Supp - (United States of America)

My name is Victoria, and I am a long-time employee for Ryan and the customer support manager for Let's Get Social.

While we stand by our product and the information that Kate teaches, we know it isn't right for everyone which is why we offer a generous money-back guarantee. That said, we do take offense to anyone calling our trainings a scam because they most certainly are not.

It seems unclear if you have actually purchased this training or not, but if you have I invite you to contact us at http://drivingtraffic.zendesk.com and request a refund.

Thank you.

#3 General Comment

Is your report based on experience, or conjecture?

AUTHOR: Sherm - (United States of America)

I'd like to find out more information about this company. Your report tears it up, but I can't tell if you've actually purchased their services or not?

I'm just curious to find out if it is $97 one-time or some monthly difficult-to-cancel fee?

I've done other research about the woman mentioned in the video, Kate Buck, and she is very active in online social marketing discussions. Just do a search for "Let's Get Social" +"Kate Buck". Anyone have real information about this company?

I suspect she is working with Deiss to launch this as a 'get rich quick' type of product. Not sure if he lends credibility to the product or not.

Anyone? Solid information?