Complaint Review

Category:
Builders & Contractors

Ryan Homes - nvr Mortgage beware of these slimes Huntersville North Carolina

*General Comment: Knowing what website you are on

*Consumer Comment: Love our home!

* : This is the buyers fault

*Consumer Comment: Is everything free

almost 5 years ago i walked in a model in the gilead ridge subdivision in huntersville,nc. i had been disabled from my job and decided to move my family here .i explained my income thoroughly and asked if my disability income plus my wifes income would get us in a home at prime rate. the salesman took our info,called the nvr rep , and told us it would be no problem. thats when i should have ran.i gave them a 2500 dollar deposit and another 2500 at a later date. after they had my deposit the way i recieve my money became a problem . the idiot at nvr wanted me to get a written 3 year guaranty from social security and workers comp that i would remain disabled.keep in mind my disability is permanent and thats why i recieved what i did monthly.social security laughed and nvr said ,well we can do a loan for 7.5% instead of just under 6%. i went to another builder as backupand got a written guaranty of 5.86. went back to ryan and tried to get my money back on the basis of them promising me the guaranty of the mortgage we agreed upon after my deposits. they said they'll get back to me.3 days later they said take 6 .75 or lose your money. i told them to stick it, i had heard from others they would find some wayu to stick you just before closing.they wouldnt even give me half. so dave, jason , and dan {no last names]....i wish you guys misery... the same misery you gave me and my family. im glad i finally got achance to say this

Steve
huntersville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryan-Homes-nvr-Mortgage/Huntersville-North-Carolina-28078/Ryan-Homes-nvr-Mortgage-beware-of-these-slimes-Huntersville-North-Carolina-464651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryan Homes - nvr Mortgage

#1 General Comment

Knowing what website you are on

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

Why is it a good idea to go on a complaint site and tell how wonderful your experience was and make out the person who filed the complaint as naive or stupid, like they were the only real problem? Just file your own complaint, even though you don't have one, so it can be properly ignored for the useless idiotic garbage it is.

People have real problems with Ran Homes. Just because you've not yet been poisoned by CO, mold, struck by falling parts, or financially ruined by denied warranty claims from substandard materials and construction doesn't mean you made a smart decision. It means you got lucky.

Enjoy your luck and leave the victims alone. This disgusting attempt at Internet reputation repair is going to do far more harm than good.

Love our home!

AUTHOR: CggGo - (United States of America)

My spouse and I bought a Ryan Homes townhouse in May 2001 and love it. Our home is well-built and and easy to maintain. The only issue we had was with the air conditioning unit. A Ryan subcontractor installed the unit and then went out of business. The defective coil was replaced by a reputable, local contractor while still under warranty. We think our money was well-spent and have never regretting buying from Ryan.

We too made a down payment when Ryan accepted our offer on our home with the understanding that the money would not be refunded if we backed out of the contract. It's critical that buyers understand what they're agreeing to when entering into a contract.

#3

This is the buyers fault

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

As always, this is the buyers fault. NVR and Ryan homes sales people have a job to do. Thats to knowingly lie as much as required to get you to sign. Then they can tell the buyer they are stupid for believing what they were told if they have the audacity to complainlike you should have known they were lying to you. Its not their job to tell the truth, its the buyers job to sort out the truth from the lies.

How dare you ruin the good name of Ryan Homes and NVR Mortgage. They conned you fair and square, and deserve all your money. They have to lie for a living. Its their profession, no less than the infamous used car salesmen. You get the truth after signing. But you have to sign to find that out sometimes.

Just be grateful you didnt get to the point you needed customer service. I would have gladly lost $5,000.00 to get out of a deal with NVR/Ryan Homes. You really learn the meaning of rip-off when you actually live in one of their disasters.

Is everything free

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

The thing I have a very hard time believing is that you went into it knowing that your locked rate was what the rep said. No bank will every guarantee a rate EVER. Rates change considerably over months. I had the same problem. You are a victim of the economy and you weren't smart enough to lock the rate which NVR let's you do. I have a Ryan home.

Again you paid for them to build your home up to a certain point. Then you backed out. They probably paid money for permits and such when you made a down payment then you walked. Should they be out of that money. It is every difficult for complaint to hold any substance in the current market. You want prime rates. I doubt if you are looking for a home now and you live in a home you will be able to get anything. It just makes me wonder why your personal decisions now are on Ripoffreport.com because then it won't come down. You defaced a good company. I don't work for them but you certainly are an expert on what happened. You payed for a home and wanted it to start then the global market changed your plan and you blame NVR.

How about taking responsibility and paying those who already worked on you home.
MORE FEATURED REPORTS