Complaint Review: Ryan Hulin

Ryan Hulin Sent Me Fraudulent Money Orders Cost Me $2000.00. Beaumont, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the great advice DUH

*Author of original report: Re: Ryan Hulin

*Consumer Comment: duh

I need to start by saying USPS is not the organization in question.  This was just the means of scamming us.

My wife had been expecting an insurance payout from a company in Texas from the passing of her father in 2010.  She received a flat rate USPS mailer with a "Click-N-Ship" label from Ryan Hulin, in Texas.  This mailer contained two USPS money orders for $998.00 each.  (Two dollars under the USPS limit.)  We took them to my bank to cash them since they had her name and address as the payee and "dividend" written on them.  It took the bank some time to cash the money orders while we were in the drive through so, we assumed the bank had called them in to verify them.  Also, we assumed they would check to see if there was any kind of security within the money orders themselves to make sure that they were legitimate as well.   By the way, this is Citizen's National Bank in Paintsville, KY, cashed them...just to swerve any locals away from them.

About a week later, I just found out that these money orders were not real.  They were actually only a scam.  We thought that we had just been blessed with the payoff from an insurance policy because we used the money to pay some bills.  Now, we owe the bank $2000.00.  I don't even know how I am going to pay them back now.  It turns out that the bank even bother to check them when we cashed them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2012 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryan-Hulin/Beaumont-Texas-77705/Ryan-Hulin-Sent-Me-Fraudulent-Money-Orders-Cost-Me-200000-Beaumont-Texas-898242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryan Hulin

Thanks for the great advice DUH

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

DUH DUH

Re: Ryan Hulin

AUTHOR: bagged98sdime - (United States of America)

In response to "You were sent the counterfeit money orders in trade for a different transaction you were involved in that you failed to mention in your report. It isn't the bank's responsibility to verify the validity of your deposit."

I was not involved in any other transaction.  We had no other requests for money...and considering this chain of banks has always checked legitimacy of checks and money orders for me ahead of cashing/depositing before, I had no reason to believe they would do otherwise.  My mother works for this bank as well and my family has done business there for generations, for crying out loud.  We have never dealt with a life insurance policy before so, we had no idea what would be coming.

The bottom line is this.  We got two money orders with the name and address listed as the sender.  We saw no gain anyone could get from us cashing what we thought were legitimate money orders so, we followed through with our normal handling.

duh

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Think about it. Why would an insurance company pay claims with money orders? They would send a check. Money received from an insurance payout is a benefit not a dividend.