Complaint Review: Ryder Truck Rental

• Submitted: Mon, August 12, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2003

• Reported By:Greenville SC
Ryder Truck Rental
1011 W. Wade Hampton Blvd. Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

Ryder Truck Rental ripoff abused & mistreated Greenville South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Read the Contract

In June, 2002 I rented a Ryder truck (online) and tried to return it to the Wade Hampton office. It had been improperly registered by the originating office. I wasted 2 1/2 hours while they tried to straighten things out, with no apologies to me.

They then asked me to drive the truck back to where I rented it (over an hour away). I refused. They continued to ask me why I couldn't take it back. I informed them that that was not how I had reserved it and that the truck was going to sit in their parking lot because I was not driving it any further.

Their employees were rude, unprofessional and I ended up paying more than what my online rate was because they couldn't figure out how to charge me the correct price and after almost 3 hours of being there I just wanted to pay and get the heck out of there.

Melissa
Greenville, South Carolinaq,.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2002 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryder-Truck-Rental/Greenville-South-Carolina-29615/Ryder-Truck-Rental-ripoff-abused-mistreated-Greenville-South-Carolina-26715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryder Truck Rental

Read the Contract

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Evidently you rented a truck on a "local" contract and tried to turn it into a "one-way" rental.

Had you read the contract you signed, it clearly stated LOCAL rental on top.

A local rental means you must return it to the dispatching location and it cannot be returned to a different dealership.

Of course they charged you more since you violated your contract.

People need to make sure they read what they sign BEFORE they sign it. If they dont understand, then ask questions.