Complaint Review: Ryder Truck Rental

• Updated: Wed, May 04, 2011

• Reported By: Joel — Mount Joy Pennsylvania United States of America
Ryder Truck Rental

Ryder Truck Rental Truck not available, Internet

About a month before I needed a small truck rental I contacted Ryder via the internet and reserved a truck.  I noted their "100% availability guarantee".  The day before the actual rental I received a telephone message that a truck was not available.  I called the morning of the rental and telephone was answered, "100% availability guarantee."  I was told, however, that they did not have a truck that would come close to meeting my needs anywhere within a reasonable area.  I sent an email a day or so later to complain about what they had done, but did not receive any response.  Sometime later I wrote a letter to company headquaters, but again they did not even bother to respond to my complaint.  I wouldn't rent from them again under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryder-Truck-Rental/internet/Ryder-Truck-Rental-Truck-not-available-Internet-725618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryder Truck Rental