Complaint Review: Ryobi Power Tools

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2011

• Reported By:toronto Ontario
Ryobi Power Tools
ryobi.com Toronto, Ontario U.S.A.

Ryobi Power Tools Toronto ontario

*Author of original report: Ryobi Saw Tables

*Consumer Comment: You must have hit the lottery

*Consumer Comment: Ryobi tools are awesome

recently purchased a ryobi bts20r table saw from home depot in toronto.The blade is next to impossible to raise and lower.When I called ryobi they said to turn the blade at a 45 degree angle because a piece of strofoam might still be there. There was nothing like that there.I was quite amazed that this was her only solution to the problem.I noticed looking at the table saw that for a $500.00 purchase this is a total ripoff.

On the website there was no email so customers could voice their opinion/complaint.After surfing the internet about ryobi I am not alone in customer dissatisfaction. Everyone it seems has the same or similar complaints with this company and their tools.Ryobi is not the product you want to buy

Derick
toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryobi-Power-Tools/Toronto-Ontario/Ryobi-Power-Tools-Toronto-ontario-251642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryobi Power Tools

Ryobi Saw Tables

AUTHOR: Derick - (Canada)

recently purchased a ryobi bts20r table saw from home depot in
toronto.The blade is next to impossible to raise and lower.When I called
ryobi they said to turn the blade at a 45 degree angle because a piece
of strofoam might still be there. There was nothing like that there.I
was quite amazed that this was her only solution to the problem.I
noticed looking at the table saw that for a $500.00 purchase this is a
total ripoff.

On the website there was no email so customers could voice their
opinion/complaint.After surfing the internet about ryobi I am not alone
in customer dissatisfaction. Everyone it seems has the same or similar
complaints with this company and their tools.Ryobi is not the product
you want to buy

Derick
toronto, Ontario

You must have hit the lottery

AUTHOR: Dbc58 - (U.S.A.)

That is the polar opposite of my Ryobi experience. After two calls and mutiple email exchanges, I could not get them to replace a brand new defective battery. Fortunately Home Depot took care of it - no thanks to Ryobi. I will never buy another tool from Ryobi. Ever. Look on Ryobi's own site and you will find lots of people with similar problems. Search for "lithium battery" on the BBS.

Ryobi tools are awesome

AUTHOR: Doityourselfer - (U.S.A.)

Sorry for such a delayed response but I just stumbled across this complaint. This sounds like this is a VERY isolated incident. I am a home do-it yourself guy. Last three homes I have owned I have plumed, wired, and built out the basements, remodeled a kitchen, replaced windows and doors, and completely tore out and redesigned a bathroom from the floor stringers up. I use almost nothing but ryobi tools - Battery operated, Electric power, AND and Gas engine powerd. I have NEVER had a single problem with any of them and they are used very hard.

About 3 years ago, I actually dropped a 12V battery Operated drill from a roof and it split the casing. I called Ryobi, and asked where to take the drill for repair or if it would even be worth it. They took my name, adrress, and phone # and sent me a whole new COMBO KIT... Not just the drill but an entire combo Kit. Sight unseen, no questions asked. They did not even want a receipt or anything. For all they knew, I could have never even owned a Ryobi drill.

Hats off to them and their tools. I buy NOTHING but ryobi whenever possible now.

Now THAT my friends is awesome, over-the-top Customer service!

socialism