Complaint Review: Ryobi Tools

• Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: GoodEngineer — The Dalles Oregon United States of America
Ryobi Tools
P.O. Box 1207 Anderson, South Carolina United States of America

Ryobi Tools One World Technologies, Inc. Defective Unsafe Power Cords Anderson, South Carolina

I have 6 Ryobi power tools: miter saw, 14" metal cutting saw, circular saw, jigsaw, hand power planer, and a bench planer.  All 6 of these tools have cords that have completely cracked and deteriorated due to faulty rubber coating.

The tools are all in excellent condition because they have always been well cared for.  However, they are no longer safe to use because of the rotten cords.  NONE of my tools from 6 to 10 other leading manufacturers (no need to mention names you know), all of which are approximatrely the same age, have this type ofproblem.  All of they tools have been treated exactly the same way, and only Ryobi tools have rotten unsafe cords.

Today I called Ryobi and asked them if they are aware of the defective composition of their cords.  I will admit I had hoped for them to offer replacement cords which can withstand normal atmospheric conditions.  I was told their warantee is for two years and that I could get cords replaced at my own expense, since my tools are older than two years.

My tools are far older than two years, but would be as good as new if it were not for the defective cords.  (I mean the cords are completely rotten and falling apart -ALL of them.)  The fact that Ryobi is not be interested in knowing more about the unsafe condition of their tools due to faulty cords as well as their lack of interest in offering any repair option whatsoever leads me to this point.  I am informing the public about Ryobi's position regarding their defective materiels.  I won't throw the tools away, because I can fix them myself, but many people cannot and will have to throw them away or get electricuted, whichever comes first.  (Or have the cords replaced for the cost of a new tool.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ryobi-Tools/Anderson-South-Carolina-29625/Ryobi-Tools-One-World-Technologies-Inc-Defective-Unsafe-Power-Cords-Anderson-South-Caro-966429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ryobi Tools