Complaint Review: S & W Marketing Company

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Maletina — Manteca California
S & W Marketing Company
368 Market St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

S & W Marketing Company CPE Profiles, LLC Mystery Shopper scamm Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Are people still falling for this?

I received a letter in the mail stating that I've been hired to be a "paid" Mystery Shopper. Along with the letter was a check for $1278.40 with two assignments. I was instructed to call 1-289-892-0004 to activate the check prior to depositing the check in the bank. I first called but unable to get through. Then I emailed andrew@profileinfo.com for payroll activation. Within minutes, Mr. Andrew responded giving authorization to deposit the check. I deposited the check into my account and the money was available the day. I withdrew $980.00 to complete the following assignments:

1) Send $920 to Watkins Ramey in Atlanta, GA with a test question and with no id required($76.00 Western Union fee/money available in minutes)

2) To shop at either Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, K-Mart, and Sears with $58.40 (items bought is for me to keep). The remaining of $300 was my salary. [continued below]....
.....

I completed both assignments and emailed all receipt to Mr. Andrew Van Home at andrew@bestprofileinfo.com. Within minutes Mr. Andrew responded and replied thank you. Then I received a text message from Western Union notifying me that the money has been picked up by Watkins Ramey (Atlanta, GA).

This morning I checked my bank account online and to my surprise, I noticed that the Mystery Shopper check has been returned. I immediately called Wells Fargo Bank and followed by an email notifying them that I've been scammed. within minutes the bank filed a claim and notified the Fraud Prevention Dept. As a result, my account is overdrawn -$350.00 and I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. I hope my report will help prevent future consumers from being scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/S-W-Marketing-Company/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19106/S-W-Marketing-Company-CPE-Profiles-LLC-Mystery-Shopper-scamm-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1040072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on S & W Marketing Company

Are people still falling for this?

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

It's hard to believe.  This is a very old scam.  You must have a computer, what on earth do you do with it all day,  play games?

"I hope my report will help prevent future consumers from being scammed"
It won't, there's one born every minute.  There is already numerous reports on this scam here and it didn't help you.