Complaint Review: SAFE HOME SECURITY INC

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: upset in massachusetts — Cherry Valley Massachusetts USA
SAFE HOME SECURITY INC
55 Sebethe Drive Cromwell, Connecticut United States of America

SAFE HOME SECURITY INC Contract Issues and Poor Customer Service Cromwell, Connecticut

Due to recent financial setbacks and the arrival of oil heating season we found it necessary to discontinue a couple household items-the alarm system and the landline phone. I called to let them know we were canceling as we didn't have money for this service-I was told I was in a contract.  I said I didn't renew anything.  They said by not renewing, I had renewed for another year.  The next payment didn't go through and we received a letter saying that they hope we will re-enroll and if I contacted them withing 72 hours they would waive one of two processing fees ($20.00).  I called the next day and when they picked up there was a loud, irritated sigh.  A gentlman named Dan asked what I wanted.  I said I had received this letter and was calling.  He said, "So you're paying with a credit card?"  I said, "No, I'm calling to see if there are any options available," and I was cut off and he said, "So what are you paying today?  Are you gonna be using a credit, debit, or check?  What is it gonna be?"  I was so upset I said, "Now it won't be anything!"   Two weeks later the alarm begins to beep at all hours of the night.  We called today to tell them that for one, we received poor customer service and we were met with giggles.  (We spoke with "Ashley".  We also wanted to let them know that we no longer have a landline so we are unable to even use the alarm and lastly, we need someone to fix this beeping. They said that we have to pay a third of what we owe, which has somehow had another $12.00 added to it, and that we are now in a 2 year contract-when a month and a half ago we were in a one year contract.  They will not send anyone out to fix this beeping unless we also pay an additional $300.00 to rig the alarm up to a cell phone and agree to another $10.00 a month on our bill.

Bonnie, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAFE-HOME-SECURITY-INC/Cromwell-Connecticut-06416/SAFE-HOME-SECURITY-INC-Contract-Issues-and-Poor-Customer-Service-Cromwell-Connecticut-509944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAFE HOME SECURITY INC