Complaint Review: SAFE - Security Alarm Financing Enterprises

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By:White House Tennessee
SAFE - Security Alarm Financing Enterprises
2440 Camino Ramon, Suite 200 San Ramon, California U.S.A.

SAFE - Security Alarm Financing EnterprisesSAFE - Security Alarm Financing Enterprises Cannot Cancel Service - Blackmailing to Get Money They Don't Deserve San Ramon California

*UPDATE Employee: Requiring a party to a written agreement to keep his end of the bargain is NOT blackmail

*Consumer Comment: Did it Help?

I have read the other two reports on SAFE and I can only agree absolutely. When we moved from our home in Texas, the new owners bought the remainder of the year's service from us. We (the new owners and me) spoke to the customer service department (after holding for over 20 minutes) and I was told it was all taken care of, the new owners were now on the record and he wished me well.

Now they are attempting to bill me for another year. I did just as they requested and as the other person reported and faxed a signed statement (on the bill) that I was NOT renewing service. They admitted receiving that fax but said that although I had paid annually, the payment date was not the same as the contract date so I owed several months. The thing is I paid annually and was supposed to get one month free. Their illustrious billing department that cannot get ANYTHING right did not reflect that in the billing so for several years I did not get that free month.

This wasn't the first time I've had problems with them. When I moved into the Texas home, they tacked on a maintenance fee. Trying to get them to bill for the monitoring and maintenance fees at the same time was horrible. Finally, the owner stepped in and made it happen. I didn't realize then that the annual billing date wasn't the same as the contract date. They chose the date and could have made it the contract date. Now I'm suspicious of why they didn't coordinate it to the contract date.

Now this is happening. I've spoken to a lawyer and am fighting this to the mat. I will report them to the BBB and if they go after my credit rating, I'll sew them for defimation. If they think I'll fold and give in to their collection agency, they are mistaken. I've only begun to fight them.

Former customer
White House, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAFE-Security-Alarm-Financing-Enterprises/San-Ramon-California-94583/SAFE-Security-Alarm-Financing-EnterprisesSAFE-Security-Alarm-Financing-Enterprises-Can-404685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAFE - Security Alarm Financing Enterprises

AUTHOR: SAFE Security Legal Department - (United States of America)

SAFE stands proudly behind its customer service and its billing department.  We live in a country where a person's word should mean something, so if two parties enter into a written contract, SAFE naturally expects all parties to the agreement to keep their end of the bargain.

This customer signed an agreement that required him to cancel in writing prior to the renewal date.  If he cancelled in writing prior to that renewal date, he would not be billed for an additional term.  It is not blackmail to require a party to a written contract to keep his agreements.

It is unfortunate that the person who made this post didn't leave his name, because as a result, SAFE is unable to identify the customer to look at his history.  Similarly, SAFE is unable to try to resolve this dispute because he posted anonymously.  SAFE has a policy of trying to resolve customer issues to the satisfaction of all concerned.  SAFE invites this former customer to contact the legal department to try to resolve the matter on mutually acceptable terms.

Did it Help?

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I was wondering if you have gotten any further with this? I am having the same problem with Safe and their collection agency. They are not letting me out of the contract, said I never canceled and even though I have proof, they are not honoring it. How is your case going?