Complaint Review: SAFECO INSURANCE

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: alonzo — DOUGLASVILLE Georgia United States of America
SAFECO INSURANCE
310 E. 96th STREET Internet United States of America

SAFECO INSURANCE MEMBER OF LIBERTY MUTUAL GROUP has Unfair Claims Settlement Practices , Internet

Safeco Insurance's client damaged my truck and caused over $7500( according to their claims specialist) in damages.  Safeco propose to offer me $2500, then total my truck out ( which is repairable), which means i would have to sign the title over to them, then i would have the option of buying back me truck which would make my truck have a salvage title (lowering the value & not to mention lowering the value because it has now been in a wreck).  my truck whould then have to towed to an inspection center inspected. and towed back home or to a place of repair ( which they didnt pay eme enough  to repair), then have it towed back to the place of inspection after the repairs have been made. then they would issue me a new title. This is rediculous.  I refused their offer and counter offered to except what one estimate came up with of $4600 ( their perferred body service provider).  Safeco Insurance's adjuster said there is nothing else thery can do for me. They are proposing to leave me worse off than before the accident and denying me the right to return my Truck to Pre-Accident condition which is the law.  I would be out of my pocket thousands of dollars if i was to accept their offer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAFECO-INSURANCE/internet/SAFECO-INSURANCE-MEMBER-OF-LIBERTY-MUTUAL-GROUP-has-Unfair-Claims-Settlement-Practices-I-658109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAFECO INSURANCE