Complaint Review: SAI Alarm Funding

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2008

• Reported By:Beckley West Virginia
SAI Alarm Funding
2101 S Arlington Heights Rd Arlington Heights, Illinois U.S.A.

SAI Alarm Funding The system was broken they refused to service but called to inform me it was broken! Arlington Heights Illinois

The company came into my house under false pretenses, the "gentlemen" presented themselves as ADT people. After they gained access they told us they could save us money so we asked them to please do so! They did some work on the system that we had and then showed us that with a new contract it would be about $40 a year cheaper. We signed on the dotted line. Then they told us they were not with ADT and that they would send a letter on our behalf and cancel our contract with them.
After a couple of months when we were being billed by both companies we called SAI and told them. We were sent a money order to compensate for our shortage as the monies were being taken from our checking account.
Then after a few months the system started falling apart! The sensors fell off of the doors, the alarm would keep going off inside the house for no reason and we would get phone calls in the middle of the night ( 2-3 am ) telling us that the alarm was sounding. No Fooling!!!
We developed a leak in the wall where they put the system and still have a weak spot in the drywall.We made several calls to get this problem resolved but was told the system was ours now and we would have to pay to get it fixed. We told the person that we wanted to cancel our service only to be told we had to keep it until the contract ran out. Another 2 years almost!! I told him that I would dismantle the alarm because we could not live with the constant disturbance on our lives. He told me that I would not have the intelligence to do so and hung up. Well, after a telephone engineer came to the house to do routine maintainance he disconnected the wires for us and I unplugged the inside power supply to the device.
I have 1 month left to pay for a system that has not been functioning for 2 years then I can get a reputable company to fit a fully operational alarm system on my house.
I would love to be able to tell all about our bad experience, but until I found this web site I did not know how. I wish someone could get them to pay for the agony they put us through.

Beckley, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAI-Alarm-Funding/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/SAI-Alarm-Funding-The-system-was-broken-they-refused-to-service-but-called-to-inform-me-it-378869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAI Alarm Funding