Complaint Review: SAI Castlerock APEX

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Lanham Maryland
SAI Castlerock APEX
2101 South Arlington Heights Rd Arlington Heights, Illinois U.S.A.

SAI Castlerock APEX automatically renewed my contract to a service I no longer need and won't cancel it Arlington Heights Illinois

We moved out of our house where we had service with Apex/SAI/Castlerock and into a new house. We kept the old house and rented it out to tenets. When the tenets moved out we called to cancel the service because the house was empty and we no longer needed the service. We talk to a representative January 2009 who told us that we were under contract and that our 3 year contract wouldn't be up until June 2009. After numerous attempts to cancel we were stuck with paying 6 months for a service we no longer needed or used. When June arrive I saw another charge on my credit account from this company and immediately called. I ask them why are they still charging my account when my 3 years is up. The representative told me that my account had been renewed for another year. "Renewed by who!" I said. He told me it automatically renewed and if I want to cancel I would have to pay $500. $500 for something I have no need or use for! I told him "it just renewed why can't you just cancel my account." He told me that I didn't write a letter to cancel. I told him I called you and January and told you I wanted to cancel but you want me to write a letter I would do that. He told me it was too late to write a letter because you have to write it a month before the renewal date. This is totally unfair! I can't believe this is legal! I can understand the 3 year contract if you have to pay for the equipment but after you fulfill the 3 years you should be able to cancel at anytime. I am pissed and will do everything in my power not to give this company another dime. If anyone knows of anything we can do or any class action suit please let me know. I will be checking with the FTC also.

Lawking
Lanham, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAI-Castlerock-APEX/Arlington-Heights-Illinois-60005/SAI-Castlerock-APEX-automatically-renewed-my-contract-to-a-service-I-no-longer-need-and-wo-476006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAI Castlerock APEX