Complaint Review: SALUTE VISA CARD

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:los angeles California
SALUTE VISA CARD
Po Box 136 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

SALUTE VISA CARD SCAM COMPANY THAT CHARGED ME LATE FEES EVERY MONTH! Newark New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Happy Salute Customer

*Consumer Comment: Advise...

*Consumer Suggestion: avoid salute

FIRST OF ALL. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO HIRE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK ENGLISH. NOT SOME INCOMPETENT INDIAN THAT ONLY KNOWS HOW TO READ OFF HIS TELEMARKETING MANUSCRIPT.

SECOND. THIS LYING, CONNIVING PIECE OF CRAP OF A COMPANY HAS BEEN CHARGING ME LATE FEES EVERY MONTH FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS - CLAIMING THAT THE BANK INFO THAT I HAVE SET UP ON THEIR WEBSITE IS INCORRECT, WHICH IS CAUSING MY PMTS TO GET RETURNED.

THIRD. THE LINKS ON THEIR SYSTEM WORK MAYBE ONCE A MONTH. SO I CAN'T EVEN VIEW MY ACCT INFO AND SEE WHAT'S GOING ON.

THIS COMPANY, SALUTE VISA, LURES CUSTOMERS THAT NEED HELP FIXING THEIR CREDIT. BUT WHAT THEY DO, ACTUALLY, IS MESS UP THEIR CUSTOMER'S CREDIT EVEN MORE.

I RESEARCHED THIS COMPANY, BEFORE SIGNING UP WITH THEM, AND SAW THAT MOST OF THE CONSUMER'S COMMENTS WERE NEGATIVE. BUT I STILL ENDED UP SIGNING UP, THINKING THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN TO ME. BOY, WAS I WRONG.

FOR THOSE OF YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE CONSIDERING SIGNING UP WITH THIS COMPANY, DON'T.

I CLOSED THIS ACCOUNT TODAY. AND THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE THIS CARD, I HOPE YOU CLOSE IT OUT TOO.

COMPANIES LIKE THIS NEED TO GET SHUT DOWN..

GAMMIE
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2008 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SALUTE-VISA-CARD/Newark-New-Jersey-07101/SALUTE-VISA-CARD-SCAM-COMPANY-THAT-CHARGED-ME-LATE-FEES-EVERY-MONTH-Newark-New-Jersey-321406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SALUTE VISA CARD

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Staci - (U.S.A.)

I can tell you now that closing your account if your account has a balance is pointless. You will still receive all fees that apply when it's open. You just can't use the card. The company is a rip. Trust me I worked for them, but there are tips and tricks to get around it.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Happy Salute Customer

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Its hard for me to imagine that our two experiences could be so wildly different. I have had the Salute Visa card for over a year now and have had no problems. I have yet to pay a late fee (I make sure to pay at least a week early) and have enjoyed a reduction in my yearly membership fees by 50% and limit increases out the wazoo.

I have never spoken to foreigners when I call their customer service and have never had issues with payments online. They do charge a $5 fee to pay online (which I don't agree with), but my payments always go through.

Honestly, compared to other credit cards I have had Salute is much better than most. Whatever you do, don't go to First Premier Bank. They are thieves for sure.

Advise...

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

If I were you I'd send an official request to close the account via certified mail + return receipt...Otherwise, they'll keep the account open with late fees and claim that they have no record on file of the account being closed.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

avoid salute

AUTHOR: Jackofhearts - (U.S.A.)

By now you realize that at least part of the problem was the only contact you had with this company was via telephone.

I suggest you visit bank of America and open a secured Visa with them you would have access to your account online, via telephone, and in person at a branch.

visit their website for further info (no, I don't work for them) if you're a union member there is also the union plus credit card (also secured) arguably the best secured card offered anywhere. US Bank and Fifth/Third banks (both out of Ohio) offer similar secured cards but may not be available in your area.
any of these cards will eventually be unsecured over time.

Most of all find a card where you can handle problems locally or online so that you don't run into payment problems. Good luck!!!!