Complaint Review: SAM'S CLUB /GEMB

• Updated: Sat, June 11, 2011

• Reported By: mirta — Detroit Michigan United States of America
SAM'S CLUB /GEMB
SAM'S CLUB/GEMB-P.O. BOX 530942, Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

SAM'S CLUB /GEMB Continued $30.00 Service plus Interest fees after Credit was cancelled. Atlanta, Georgia

Sam's/GEMB, cancelled my card in September 2010; never informed the card has been cancelled; when I call to find out why cancel the card; I was told that because I have been late four times during a 12 months period, they cancelled the card.  I had the Advantage Member card; the next day I went to my local Sam's club, cancelled the Advantage card and got standard membership; the bill kept coming in with a $30. service fee.  I called to inquire why was I getting charge a service fee for a card I was not allowed to use.  To make a long story short; October 2010 the bill was $470.00; I brought the bill down to $186.00 by January of 2011, when I realized that I was still being charged the service fee; I called Sam's club and I was told they no longer have the account therefore, they could not discuss the issue.  I stopped making payments, now my balance is $340.72 up from $186.00. Now I'm getting calls from a collection agency demanding payment for the above mentioned figure. I have no problem paying the $186.00; which actually should be less because I was being charged a service fee; I refuse to pay the $340.72.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2011 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMS-CLUB-GEMB/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/SAMS-CLUB-GEMB-Continued-3000-Service-plus-Interest-fees-after-Credit-was-cancelled-739522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAM'S CLUB /GEMB