• Submitted: Wed, November 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: Sheila — Kansas City Kansas United States of America
400 Valley Rd, Suite 201 Mount Arlington, New Jersey United States of America

I sent my two year old Digimax A6 camera to Samsung to have the flash repaired, everything else was working.  The repair and return was to take 7-14 days and I got my camera back in exactly 14 days but UN-REPAIRED AND TOTALLY INOPERATIVE. The camera worked except for the flash when I sent it in, but all it did when they returned it back to me was turn on, nothing (not no thing) else worked.  They apologized and promised to replace the camera with a like or upgrade but that hasn't happened.  That was back in August.  So far to date, it has been 94 days and I have spoken to 34 people and gotten no where.  The first 3 weeks of calls to get the packing slip, then after they got it, it took 3 weeks of calls for them to acknowledge receipt, another 3 weeks for them to order the replacement, and now for over a month they have been telling me that it shipped, or is going to ship, or is ready to ship, or is out of stock, but there is no tracking number on file and of course I have no camera.  Each person I spoke to escalated every issue, sent an email to their supervisor, and promissed to call or email with an answer.  Not one person has ever called or emailed me back in response, or let me talk with a manager.  So I have told the last three people I have spoken to that I will never own another Samsung product, or allow my family to purchase, or even make friends with someone that has a Samsung product. (Maybe I should not have said all that) but they each "understood my frustration". At this point I remain camera-less.  I did managed to get a hold of an email address of one person who sent me a test email (to really convince me that they really were going to contact me), and another from a "cc" in a "this email address is unmonitored so do not respond to this email'.  I plan to email them every day along with my every day or two phone call, just for the hell of it, because the 34 members of the Executive Customer Relations team I've been speaking with, have nothing else to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 05:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMSUNG-ELECTRONICS-AMERICA/Mount-Arlington-New-Jersey-07856/SAMSUNG-ELECTRONICS-AMERICA-BOYCOTT-SAMSUNG-SO-THEY-WILL-STOP-RIPPING-OFF-THE-WORLD-Mount-528398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA