Complaint Review: SAMSUNG

• Reported By: AVOID SAMSUNG — Jacksonville United States of America
SAMSUNG
105 Challenger Road Ridgefield, New Jersey United States of America

SAMSUNG AVOID SAMSUNG TV's Ridgefield, New Jersey

I was so happy with my Samsung 46inch LNT4669F LCD TV and what do you know after 16 months that joy turned to frustration and disappointment. The TV started to make clicking after turning on and the red light started blinking. At first it clicked a few times and then turned on but it steadily got worse and took longer to turn on until nothing. I purchased the TV from Abesofmaine.com and after a hard sell I purchased a 3 year extended warranty. I was so relieved when I found the paperwork and boy did I feel smart that I paid $200 extra. That feeling didnt last long as I went to the Repairtech website and saw nothing but I blank screen. Turns out they went belly up and a simple google search later I found hundreds of complaints for repairtech. I contacted Samsung and they offered nothing but I directions to a TV repair shop and $400 fix quote. Remember I paid $2250 for this TV 16 months ago. Then I googled my issue and found out this no isolated issue. Hundreds and maybe thousands of people with the same issue. see:  http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120   Samsung continues to play dumb and wont admit to using cheap capacitors and should be ashamed of covering up this issue.  I have three Samsung TVs and I will be switching back to Sony with futures purchases. The is one bright spot in this nightmare. AbesofMaine.com returned my warranty in full!! I only wish Samsung would step up and fix this problem (parts cost $2.00).

Sincerely,

SCREWED BY SAMSUNG

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2009 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMSUNG/Ridgefield-New-Jersey-07660/SAMSUNG-AVOID-SAMSUNG-TVs-Ridgefield-New-Jersey-543243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAMSUNG