Complaint Review: SAMs Club

• Reported By: Stephanie — Cumming Georgia United States of America
SAMs Club

SAMs Club Total Pre-Black Friday Scam! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Literacy

*Author of original report: To Josh...

*Consumer Comment: Sam's Club

*Consumer Suggestion: Stop whining

SAMs Club offered a 65" tv for $998 starting at 10 pm the day before Thanksgiving. I was able to actually add to my cart and purchase right at 10. I received an email confirmation of the purchase and it stated that another email would be sent when item was shipped.

Checked online today(Thanksgiving) to see when item would ship. The order had been cancelled! No email, no nothing.

We called Customer Service and was on the phone for 30 minutes pleading our case since our credit card had already been charged over $1,000. "Sorry for the inconvenience," said the rep. "We just ran out of stock. Your credit card will be refunded within 72 hours." 72 hours?!?! So the item was available at the time of purchase, we received an email confirmation, our credit card was charged, but item was cancelled with no email! Also, sorry, they don't offer rain checks.

What happens to all of those people that maxed out their credit cards with this purchase and now can't try to purchase tomorrow (Black Friday).

On top of all of this, after the purchase we paid for a TV mount and installation for it.

This is not only a ripoff but FRAUD.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAMs-Club/internet/SAMs-Club-Total-Pre-Black-Friday-Scam-Internet-972541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAMs Club

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Literacy

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I think the only illiterate one here is you.  I only put forth the observation that someone who can't swing $1000 without maxing out his or her credit card probably shouldn't be buying 65" TVs (or any other luxury items).  They also probably don't need to be shopping on Black Friday.  Given how personally you seem to be taking it, I would venture to guess that you do fall into that category.

To Josh...

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (United States of America)

You say I'm stupid, but it's apparent that you can't read. That makes you illiterate. I never said that "I" maxed out my credit card. Please make comments that actually contribute whether positive or negative. You should read the website guidelines before commenting, then maybe someone can respect your opinion.

Sam's Club

AUTHOR: willobi - (USA)

Lesson here: Don't shop at Sam's Club or Walmart. Why support a store that treats their employees and customers like crap?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Stop whining

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I think it's no secret that on most online sales, the stock runs out pretty quickly, and orders frequently end up getting cancelled.  If you bought a mount and installation before the TV even shipped, you are stupid.  Not to mention, if a $1000 credit card hold maxes out your credit card, you probably shouldn't be buying 65" TVs.