Complaint Review: SANTANDER CONSUMER USA

• Reported By: Lisa D — Temple Hills Maryland
SANTANDER CONSUMER USA
PO BOX 660633 DALLAS , Texas USA

SANTANDER CONSUMER USA CAR LOAN FROM HELL DALLAS Texas

*Consumer Comment: Here's Why!

*Consumer Comment: Two Questions

*Consumer Comment: This happened when

I purchase a 2004 Nissan Maxima with a $5500 down payment in April 2011 from CarMax located in Sterling, VA. Since then I had some car issues and wanted to trade my car in for another. I went to two different car dealerships. The first one Sheehy Nissan in Waldorf, MD and the second one located at CarMax Potomac Mills, VA. They told me I have the worse car loan ever. They basically told me I paid off my car after a year I had it.

When I tried to trade in my car, my car was appraised / worth only $5,000. The Santander loan states I still owe over $10,000. I'm very frustrated, I can't trade in or sell my car because of the car loan I have. Which the dealership consider it a dry loan.  A car loan for people who need a second chance with credit. So far I’ve paid over $7,000 including the $10 charge fee when you make a payment over the phone or by internet. However the Santander takes advantage of overly charging consumers.  Again I'm very upset, I feel used and I know they have taken advantage of me. I would like for this to be resolved it's not fair.  Plus when you do pay your car loan they charge you additional $10.00 to process your payment. It doesn't matter if it's over the phone or on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SANTANDER-CONSUMER-USA/DALLAS-Texas-75266-0633/SANTANDER-CONSUMER-USA-CAR-LOAN-FROM-HELL-DALLAS-Texas-1049834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SANTANDER CONSUMER USA

Here's Why!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You didn't choose them to be your lender, you were placed with them because a bank, with much lower APR wouldn't do business with you.  Why?  Because prior to this deal, YOU destroyed YOUR credit by giving YOURSELF a reputation for not paying YOUR bills on time.  As such, you are NOT ENTITLED to a free loan or a low APR.  Of course, the smart thing to have done was read the contract before signing it and if the APR was too high, then you don't sign it.

Two Questions

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"When I tried to trade in my car, my car was appraised / worth only $5,000."

That is not the fault of the finance company.

"However the Santander takes advantage of overly charging consumers."

What is the overcharge? Are they charging you more than the amount you agreed to when you signed the agreement?

"Plus when you do pay your car loan they charge you additional $10.00 to process your payment."

Mail them a check. The address is: P.O. Box 660633, Dallas, TX 75266-0633.

This happened when

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

This happened at the end of January and you are now just going to see a doctor about your Jaw?  Even if your Jaw is cracked, you lost any leverage you had and will not be able to prove that the event at the end of January caused it.

But let's just say that you are actually able to prove that your jaw was damaged, you are going to have issues in many other areas.  First you were well enough to check-out, you didn't inform ANY employee while you were in the store, and you were able to call the manager from the car just a few minutes later.  Then that night when you went home all you did was take a couple of Alieve and didn't go to seek medical attention.