Complaint Review: SAS Group

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 08, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
SAS Group
200 White Plains Road Tarrytown, New York U.S.A.

SAS Group Trying to Throw Away a Boomerang Tarrytown New York

On company's website - www.BuySmartLidz.com I placed an order for 1 set plus 1 free set for the advertised price of $10. Filled out order form incuding my credit card charge. Without receivng a confirmation or chance to review order for possible extra charges for tax and/or S&H the order went through. Only AFTER that did I receive a confirmation. Shipping and handling for a $10 purchase came to $15.90.

On seeing this I sent a return e-mail to the web address of the confirmation with the request that my order be canceled. The e-mail was returned as "undeliverable." I called their Customer Service No. (866-608-8635) and was instructed to call 2-or 3 days later since the order had not "hit the system" When I called again they had the order but "could not cancel." I called the company direct. They offered no help. Best they could do was to have me call a number in Wisconsin, ask for a return number and send back the purchase. I don't want to go through this hassle. I just want my order CANCELLED, which seems to be an impossiibility. I have complained to my credit card company and have told them that I do not expect to pay any charge from this company that might appear on my statement. I sent the credit card company a number of complaints against this company that I found on the internet and that reflected my own frustrating experience.

Gene
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2008 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAS-Group/Tarrytown-New-York-10591/SAS-Group-Trying-to-Throw-Away-a-Boomerang-Tarrytown-New-York-316017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAS Group