Complaint Review: SAS Samurai Shark

• Submitted: Fri, February 22, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:mesquite Texas
SAS Samurai Shark
355 Byrd Ave. Neenah, Wisconsin U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-504-7705
  • Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

SAS Samurai Shark Missrepresented hidden charges Neenah Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Always helps to read everything before you order.

*Consumer Suggestion: SAS not in Wisconsin

I thought this would be a good deal as i knew someone that had one and appeared to be satisfied, i never asked. At $10.00 plus $7.95 shipping and handling and getting a second one "free" plus "free scissors" this appeared to be a good deal. I spent what seemed like forever while they attempted to sell everything in the warehouse and ordered one (1) that was charged to my credit card. I now understand why they take 6-8 weeks to deliver. That is done in order to get their money up front from the credit card. When the product arrived today to my shock what should have been $17.95 was $38.80. That was the original $17.95 plus $7.95 processing each for the "free" shark and the "free" scissors plus an extra $4.95 for postage and handling. This is nothing short of a rip off. At this point i have yet to try the product and now wonder whether it even works as it is sypposed to.

John
mesquite, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2008 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAS-Samurai-Shark/Neenah-Wisconsin-54956/SAS-Samurai-Shark-Missrepresented-hidden-charges-Neenah-Wisconsin-311142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAS Samurai Shark

Always helps to read everything before you order.

AUTHOR: Sdakotamom - (U.S.A.)

I don't work for this company or know anyone who does and I don't even own a Samaria Shark. It just irritates me when I read people claiming something that is clearly false and refusing to take responisbility for their own actions, or in this case just a lack of reading everything before you buy.

I have been to several websites now that sell the Samaria Shark and on every single site where it mentions something is FREE under neither of it they clearly state "Just pay additional processing". If you actually read the whole page before you hit the "Order Now" button you would clearly see that the original set is $XX.xx, the free gift of scissors adds a processing fee of $X.xx; then they double your product (an additional $X.xx) and go on further to double your free gift (which also states and additional processing fee of $X.xx.)

I think too many times we see the product, like the product, hit the buy button and don't even read the fine print. Just because you don't read the fine print doesn't mean it is a bad product or they are trying to rip off the public. They are in the busienss of making money, if you don't want to pay all the processing fees don't buy the product.

It doesn't seem fair to rag on the company though when you are clearly the one who did not do all your homework before you jumped in to buying the product.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

The company i received my product from represented themselves as SAS Samari Shark with their address in Wisconsin. It is appearent thet nothing will be done to them and they will continue to rip people off. But not me as my motto is screw mr once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. I have done the best thing i could do, "I tell two people and they tell two people and they tell two people and so on and on. Only i went a step better and Emailed fifty people and they all have Email lists of ten to fifty.There is no telling how far this went.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

SAS not in Wisconsin

AUTHOR: Cp - (U.S.A.)

I've posted this before; SAS is in Tarrytown NY, not Wisconsin. Neenah is the location of the 3rd party warehouse that ships SAS products. Search up "Samurai Shark' and find the rebuttal with contact info to get a hold of SAS directly.