Complaint Review: SAVVIS Communications Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Doc1234 — Dover Delaware United States of America
SAVVIS Communications Corporation

SAVVIS Communications Corporation Deceptive magazine sales tactics on internet Monroe, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Wow

Tonight I bought some medical supplies for my office. After the purchase I was given an option to complete a survey in which I would be given a '$100 reward'. So I did the survey to see what the 'reward' was.

It said I could pick four different magazine subscriptions... and the only cost would be $2 processing per order... for a total of up to $8.

So I picked the four magazines I wanted... since I have a medical office, it's good to have a lot of magazines. There is some small print at the bottom of the page... saying you agree to an auto-subscription, which I already knew would be part of the deal. I then printed out the pages and put them somewhere where I can find them before my one year deal ends... I can then cancel so they don't charge me an arm and a leg.

After I click on submit, it goes to another page of magazines where it says... "You're entitled to something more" and it gives the illusion as though you can pick three more subscriptions for free. They absolutely set this up the way they do it... using the statement "6 Months Risk Free!" all over the page. I didn't even notice that right next to the number of issues you'll receive, they have the total price of the magazine for those six months.

Amazing how they set you up... you're sitting there thinking everything is going to be cheap... then WHAM... here's your $175 bill... emailed right to your email address before you have a chance to process what just happened. I'm pretty careful with things... reading things over... and they got me. I'm sure they get tons of people like this.

And I really don't want to hear from anyone from the company saying I didn't read what it says. Because the way it's been designed... it's a scam. How can I tell... well... why is it that there's no confirmation page when you click on the three magazine subscriptions you pick during the 2nd time? I'll tell you... because you don't want people knowing they are about to be gouged a ridiculous amount of money. You know that if you had a confirmation page... 99% of the people would X out or click the back button.

What I can say is it says "6 Months Risk Free"... and to me that means... if I want my money back, I'll get my money back.

I can just imagine what hoops I'm going to have to dive through to get it back... but believe me, I'll get it back... if I have to have the bank pry it from your cold, evil hands.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SAVVIS-Communications-Corporation/internet/SAVVIS-Communications-Corporation-Deceptive-magazine-sales-tactics-on-internet-Monroe-In-1016546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SAVVIS Communications Corporation

Wow

AUTHOR: ken Doubler - (United States of America)

This is interesting.  I have not have any negative dealings with this company.